Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Auction House: Expanded-Workable

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Most of the info, patch, etc has been added to the original post. Even with as long as that thing is I did forget a few things that I'll need to edit into the readme as well.

Other than fixing, or tweaking, I think THIS patch will not go any further. Initially it was intended to be a base, and it is even with the added items. What I mean by no further is, any other additions will be directly related to the airship expansion (another auction, places to put the extra bought stuff). That being said, the more I think about it I kinda like the idea of adding a scripted "enforcer" boss battle to deal with bad bids(not enough money). But thats a whole other project. This being contained to the auction house (space, data, maps) only is best for what it is.

The things I need to add to the readme.
  • The Zephyr Cape can be bought multiple times. I re-preposed the "bought zephyr" bit into "bought ragnarok" bit. Didnt think several overpriced Zephyr Capes would cause any major unbalancing truth be told.
  • You can get more than one Hero Ring here. The bit check for that is still there, however if you get the Ragnarok, and that auction is rolled again, it will bypass the check for bought Hero Ring. That auction is rare enough that this shouldnt throw anything off.
  • Something to add to the "WTF" section. Player bought NPC types (chocobo, imp, airship) will not walk/drag to the player when bought. Its simple really, the script for these requires a seperate action queue for each auction. I did each auction's NPC bought script individually since Papa, the kid, and the item all walk out. For the player it just wasnt worth it for those two steps. For severl cases I used the bit 1F0 (normally set for auction over and cleared on map load) to run checks in several subroutines to tell what type of auction it is by how early the bit is set. (Always set at very end, NPC auctions its set at start to keep stage girl from standing under the item, and set early for an NPC magicite win to tell them to take a rock instead of a chest.) Yes I'm proud of that little trick damn it, gimmie a cookie! Or at least let me brag a little.
    This trick didnt help keep the stage girl from walking into the wall after a player win on the npc auctions (well adding it at that point would have added an extra 6hours of making my eyes bleed vs 5 min to add a new "player win ncp auction subroutine") not overly happy about adding it but adding it out of place did piss me off a bit, was still tons easier and fixed the issue. I was not going to add three more out of place subroutines to make those auctions walk two steps to get off stage though. So that will just have to be ignored, use the fast forward button when you walk to the stage and you'll never notice.
  • Last note, there are actually several extra places that the 1F0 bit is set just as placeholders for future bit sets. Also for things like the zephyr cape, the space is allocated for a bit set and check on purchase it just sets and checks unimportant bits as is. If wanted can adjust to restore the one sale only style very easy.
    [\list]

I think that does cover the rest. Now I've two other projects that dont run on hex (thankfully) and I have to write my magitek armor auction before I forget how to.
    Good luck have fun.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Catone for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-20-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-28-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-29-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-30-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-31-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Auction House: Expanded-Workable - by Catone - 01-31-2015, 01:38 PM