Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Quote:Switching containers around has been mentioned before, by others. It's not something I'd be opposed to doing, it's just tedious to implement, since I'd have to somehow identify all the spots where a treasure pickup would make sense. Also, on many maps it wouldn't make any difference, since there's no good locations to put hidden treasure. So I haven't attempted anything like that yet, and it's not all bad, since it's one thing that experienced players can feel gives them an advantage.

You're probably right. It might get tedious for the player too, searching every nook and cranny for loot. It's certainly on the top tier of pet annoyances in oldschool RPGs for many.

Quote:I don't have any plans to add events or NPCs to the recycled maps, other than the rest stops. The issue here is basically the same, in that I'd have to run through every map and figure out which events are "safe" to keep. I think this would actually be a lot more difficult than placing treasure in brand-new locations, just because there are a ton of events and it's not always obvious what they do. But yeah, all of the events on the Kefka's Tower maps are preserved. Note that even though you can't cross certain maps without events, the dungeon is set up in such a way that you won't need to cross those maps. One of the "tedious chores" I did early on was, I went through each map and noted down what entrances were reachable without having events.

Dev team thinks of everything. Smile Actually the only thing I was really interested in was Shops. It feels like something's missing when you're earning GP in every fight but the only thing you can do is hurl it back at monsters.

Quote:"playsitself" isn't a priority right now, but I did make some changes to allow more commands. Nothing as complicated as enabling Throw or Item, though. What kind of changes did you makes? I am a bit curious, but I probably won't update "playsitself" anytime soon.
Well, I too enabled all the commands that don't need additional logic, but like you I haven't written any routines for selecting Item, Throw or Slots. I had an idea for adding Summon to the list, but I haven't actually implemented it yet. The best tangible contribution I can offer is a fix for the issue that Auto-Mode will override Zombie in what commands are available for Zombies, once more restricting Zombies to their normal selection of commands.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by seibaby - 05-29-2015, 04:15 PM