Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I edited my previous post with some reports/questions. I'll just include that in this post. Thanks for your answers! Smile

Another suggestion/question then: are you interested in implementing randomized treasure containers? As in, available treasures are contained in random buckets, crates, barrels, suits of armor, clocks, stoves etc. Switched around within a single map or distributed randomly across all maps, whatever. I may have asked you about this before, or perhaps I asked Lenophis and Dessyreqt, I can't remember.

EDIT: So I've wiped a couple of times now and this is FUN. A question: I know this is early stage beta and stuff, but are you planning to add Shops or other events/NPCs? Would be nice to find Inns, healing springs, save points etc. Also, I got to the room with the broken bridges in Cave to the Sealed Gate and since the bridges wouldn't switch positions, I couldn't progress. There was one room in Kefka's Tower that had a step switch that moved a piece of the floor so another party could progress though, so I guess you've added SOME events. Umaro's cave didn't have the collapsing floors, however.

OH, and you reminded me. I'm not sure how much you care about the 'playsitself' mode, but I have a half-abandoned mod project that is based on that idea, with some changes I've implemented that allows more commands to be used in auto-mode, and that fixes some weird behavior. If you are AT ALL interested to implement these patches in your randomizer, I'll be happy to share my work.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by seibaby - 05-28-2015, 08:16 PM