The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI Project: Meltdown

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I really don't know how to open this post, so I'll just go straight into things

I am presently walled on my hack due to a lack of ideas. I need to try to get external feedback at this point. Most of my issue lies in what to do with bosses and how to deal with things such as esper bonuses.

This is how Meltdown presently stands:

-Character-based stat tables, including Banon. Tables include HP, MP, and all four stats.

-Agility figures into evasion and accuracy. I presently forget if magic side takes it into account. I think it does.
-Blind affects magic accuracy.
-Vitality figures into damage reduction as well as additional HP and MP growth.
-Steal currently functions like FFX. Regular item steal rate begins at 100% at is halved with each successful steal. Rare items are still unchanged in function, except that the Sneak Ring doubles the chance of landing one. Successfuly stealing a rare item blanks out both items.
-32'000HP damage cap, and I'd like to utilize the potential. I'm presently aiming for a 15-20K ceiling, possibly, in terms of normal damage values. (This is one reason I'm growing weary. My present damage formula was originally designed for low damage figures, as in topping at about 1500, and changing the /32 to a /8 is just a stopgap. That's a poor way to design.)
-Actual strength and vitality stats now exist for enemies, as do elemental resistence stats. (Previously, they only were provided with weakness, immunity, and absorb stats)
-Back row has a multiplier of 1.5x damage from magic. This could change, but I haven't gotten enough of the game done to really see its effect on balance.
-Yes, the gem box is nerfed. No, I don't know if it'll remain nerfed, at least as-is. I may reduce the nerf from half-damage to 3/4 damage.
-ATB pauses during all animations. This is a dramatic change, as I'm sure certain people understand.
-Save points recover HP and MP. Generally, people already use a tent anytime they reach one as it is, so I felt that changing the tent item to something else and automating the process was more efficient than worry about the Tent item's effect on financial balance.
-I've dabbled in making curative items fractional, but have abandoned it. I may return to the idea. Presently, I intend to simply add a multiplier.
-Natural magic lists exist for all characters, but presently only four are utilized. I've been considering at least partially utilizing more, but I would be unsure as to how to allocate that.
-I really do not want to give up esper bonuses, as that is one of the things that defines the game's system in my eyes.

I'm probably forgetting some other changes, but this should give an idea of the scope I'm aiming for as far as balance. I presently do not have anything of substance to provide as a patch, unfortunately. Many enemies still use vanilla stats (I did balance up to Ultros on an older build, but I've changed much since and can't utilize that.)

Looking for:
-People to bounce ideas off. Nothing direct here. I'm simply stumped on where to progress going foward.
-Critique on ideas. I've had varying responses to some of the things I have or want to implement.
-A composer who can compose in a style similar to Uematsu for at least a few new tracks. Must be able to work within the game's restrictions, meaning 7 or 8 channels max (must take into account sound effects), and preferably the game's native sample set. Looking, specifically, for tracks for new WoR battle and WoR boss themes. Ideally completely new but similar, but arrangements might be considered if good. Low priority. I'm just not a composer myself.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FFVI Project: Meltdown - by dn - 09-23-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by Tenkarider - 09-24-2014, 05:14 AM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by Lockirby2 - 09-24-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by dn - 09-24-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by Tenkarider - 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by dn - 09-24-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by Tenkarider - 09-24-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by dn - 10-16-2014, 05:03 AM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by madsiur - 10-17-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: FFVI Project: Meltdown - by Tenkarider - 10-17-2014, 09:46 PM