Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'll be forced to stick with 1.03 since you've made changes that make USME corrupt the game. 1.03 has been a source of great delight to me for a couple years, thanks to your efforts, & every time I go to put together a new rom I end up using it, lol. I'm now quite familiar with what patches will work with it (I did get multi-steal to work with it after a lot of experimentation, despite Angelo's Extended Names patch being in RLP; in fact, Multi-Steal is *necessary* to apply since it fixes most of the 'wrong ability names displayed in battle' that RLP has issues with), what order to patch them in, etc. One thing for sure, CV Reynolds' Bug Patch does not work with it; I gave up on trying to make these two colossal patches harmonious. I'd hoped 1.04 might've made some changes that made the two patches compatible but I'll never find out since 1.04 is not compatible with USME so it's not usable for me. Your putting "RLP" in the header name was incredibly frustrating since for a while there I was doing so much experimentation with patch compatibility, and every single time, multiple times a day, I had to go to a hex editor & change it back to normal so USME could recognize it. But not a problem any more since I've finally gotten a solid rom set up with RLP 1.03 & various other patches (inc updates to some of the older, now-outdated bug fixes in RLP), while ALSO being able to use USME 6.80 at will. Doesn't get any better than that for a stickler like me, who is constantly editing in USME to make monster stats, battle scripts, spells, etc as challenging as they can be for any given point in the game. Love your patch & particularly your choice of fonts: getting rid of the stock cartoony font for something more mature was a wonderful choice. 1.03 is a true winner among patches!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by Dev J - 07-05-2017, 08:45 PM