The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
The Final Fantasy VI Relocalization Project is an attempt to "relocalize" the FF6 in a way that the original localization team might have done, if they had more time and ROM space to do so. And less restrictive censorship.

I know there are tons of projects with a similar goal, but here's the difference - um, it's the one I made, I guess? Tongue

Also it's pretty much done. Here's the barebones site I put together for it:
https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/
There's a download and everything!

~features~

A complete list of features can be found on this page:
https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/features

Short version is:
  • Rewritten script based heavily on GBA translation
  • Full-length item, spell, and skill descriptions
  • Longer spell and ability names
  • Tons of bugfixes
  • Uncensored stuff (esper butts! pub signs!)
  • Some small gameplay tweaks

~credits~

I owe a debt of gratitude to tons of people in the FFVI hacking community. I've barely posted here but you folks have helped this lurker figure out tons of stuff, including some ultra-basic hacking work I now have the ability to do! Not to mention providing me with a whole mess of bugfix patches to include in the project.

A complete list of all patches and credits is here:
https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/credits
I have tested EVERY one of these. Right now I do not believe that there are any showstopping bugs that weren't there before.

Patches from the following awesome people were used: Angelo, ArmorVil, Assassin17, Darkmage, Djibriel, Drakken, Imzogelmo, Kejardon, Lenophis, Novalia Spirit, Lenophis, Master ZED, mblock129, Novalia Spirit, Terii Senshi, and Yazoo.

~screenshots~

More screenshots here!
[Image: FF6RLPv1.04%20WIP057.png] [Image: ff6rlp-main02.png] [Image: FF6RLP-v10012.png]

~download~

Here you go!

Comes in both headered and unheadered flavors! I'm on v1.01, currently.

~to-do~

There's not much left at this point, besides play it and find more typos and broken captions that I might have overlooked or broken without noticing. I've played through it several times now but you can never be too careful.

There are a few hacking things I'd like to do, though they're beyond me... if anyone wants to help with that stuff I'd be super grateful! <3
  • Rage and dance descriptions
  • 7-letter character names
  • Longer item names would also be nice
  • Probably other stuff I forgot about

Anyway, that's it! If anyone has any comments or criticism I'd appreciate it. Or if you play it, let me know about anything that's weird.

Also I hope this is the right place in the forums for this? It seems like it is.

My twitter is @dmeat64 if you want to follow~
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project - by DrMeat - 09-02-2014, 12:21 AM