The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Yoshi sprite (color fixed)

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

When I made these sprites, I didn't know someone already made one sprite sheet here for I didn't find it on Google.
I discovered it only a few minutes ago while searching on this board (gosh, why didn't I think about searching on this board earlier while on a PC rather than on a smartphone ??).

So, I was hesitating to post my version, knowing my level in spriting isn't the same (back off, anxiety, BACK OFF !!!) but I'll post it anyway.

Here's the current versions:
[Image: Ishimaru-mario-yoshi-1.png] [Image: Ishimaru-mario-yoshi-2.png]
Color taken from different FF6 sprite sheets.

Older versions, so you can see the progress as I got advices on the other board (but it took a little while before they take FF6's actual style into account while giving advices...)
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/fuuuu.png

I know the level isn't the same compared to the other one but I want to improve it.
I probably won't be able to post any sprite update before next Wednesday because I already have something scheduled tomorrow evening then I'll spend a long Canada day weekend in our camper traiiler, and the wifi really sucks where we camp... and anyway, there's no much place for a desktop PC with all its peripherals in a camper trailer.
But I can read and reply in the meantime, from my phone.

see you later.

EDIT : I took some time to make Yoshi's portrait :
[Image: fuuuu.png]

Based on this pic

EDIT2 : Finally took time to fix my sprite sheet by removing the yellow on boots of front and rear walking poses and replacing the tent, in order to keep the nb of colors below 12.

EDIT3 : The nose on side view was really bugging me, so I tried something to make it look better, and I think I succeeded, even thought it looks a little big compared to the front and 3/4 ones. . It was a little harder for the two with the head bent forward.

[EDIT4] Tonight, I kept on working on my Yoshi sprite. Even though the nose on the side view was looking better, it was a little too high, so I adjusted it, so it will be the same height as in the front view.

Here's the updated sprite :

By the fact that I shrank the nose's height by the bottom, I wonder if I should move the arms 1px up.

[EDIT5] Yet another update ! I finally moved his arms 1 pixel up. At the same time, it balanced between the arms up poses.

Now I don't think there's any other point to improve, unless if you want his arms stance more human-like rather than T-rex-like (ex: in Brawl)

Linux and GIMP user
------------------
Sabin : Kefka ! Wait !!!
Kefka : Wait, he said ? Do I look like a waiter ?

My DeviantART

Messages In This Thread
My Yoshi sprite (color fixed) - by Ishimaru Chiaki - 06-25-2014, 10:18 PM