The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Natural Ability Extension

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Title: Natural Ability Extension
Author: GrayShadows
Version: v1.1
Download

Description:
Natural Ability Extension... extends the natural ability set. Odd, I know! Its primary function is to give Relm her own natural magic list that she will learn at recruitment/on level up. In version 1.1, Mog learns Wind Song at recruitment; this uses different code than version 1.0 of the hack, by setting the dance learned when the SRAM is initialised (in the same way as initial Lores and Rages), rather than at recruitment (like SwdTechs and Blitzes, which is how it worked in hack v1.0).

Additionally, it fixes a minor issue with Celes' natural magic list that is only a problem in vanilla if she surpasses level 32 due to level averaging.

This is my first real ASM hack, and draws a lot on existing sources. Most of the code itself is actually from the vanilla game, although I've had to move it around a bit, and I had to duplicate a subroutine or two to include Relm. Let me know if you guys try it/run into any problems? I have tested it all, but not extensively; it works fine on 1.0, and while I don't think I overwrote anything from 1.1, I don't know for certain.

More detailed information, patches and anti-patches for both headered and non-headered ROMs, and the assembly code are all included in the zip.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to GrayShadows for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-02-2013), seibaby (10-31-2016), Warrax (10-04-2017)

Messages In This Thread
Natural Ability Extension - by GrayShadows - 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Natural Ability Extension - by Warrax - 08-04-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: Natural Ability Extension - by PowerPanda - 04-19-2020, 04:43 PM