The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
While needing a break from the hack I was working on I had an idea and I'm just wondering if some of the more experienced hackers on here would be able to tell me if this is even doable at all.

My idea is to rebuild the original Final Fantasy as a major hack for Final Fantasy VI (and yes, I already know this is a huge project that will take a long, long time and quite possibly never get finished).

The most significant problem I can foresee is creating a job system which assigns your classes. Is that even possible? Can you manipulate the event script to assign sprites and palettes to characters, and by doing so create a series of events at the beginning of the game to pick out your party of four?

And the second question is about an issue with FF6LE being incompatible with FF3usME. Is there a way around that problem, such as creating a patch of your map data changes and applying it to your ME altered data?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by madsiur - 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by madsiur - 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM