Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
It's this possible?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Focus
Hello everyone!

I just made a list of changes that my hack will include, and I would like to know if they are possible to do and how much hacking they would need.

Here it's the list:
  • Create a item to revive Leo and add him as a 15 playable character.
  • Add a secret room at the Colosseum with a secret boss.
  • Make the economizer only reduce mp consumption by 75%.
  • Put the Dragons that were on Kefka's Tower in other locations.
  • Add new bosses in the places where the Dragons used to be.
  • Make the man in Narshe only give you the Ragnarok magicite and give you a hint about where it's the sword.
  • Buff the final boss.
  • Add some new weapons like Ice claws.
I wonder if this would fit on a expanded rom and if the expanded rom would cause bugs or glitches.
  Find

Threads: 22
Status
Auto-life
(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Hello everyone!

I just made a list of changes that my hack will include, and I would like to know if they are possible to do and how much hacking they would need.

Here it's the list:
    You will likely need ASM for this and free space for the code
    Same as aboveMake the economizer only reduce mp consumption by 75%.This would require editing the formula so ASM as well.Put the Dragons that were on Kefka's Tower in other locations.Editing the bosses is easy but for the dragons you will need to edit the events.Add new bosses in the places where the Dragons used to be.Same with the dragonsMake the man in Narshe only give you the Ragnarok magicite and give you a hint about where it's the sword.The wiki has a list of events so you can edit this to only give you the magicite however, this might require more event editing other than just a few bytes.Buff the final boss.This is easy. FF3ME can help you with this.
    If you want to edit currently existing weapons then this is also easy. FF3ME can you to do this.
I wonder if this would fit on a expanded rom and if the expanded rom would cause bugs or glitches.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CzarMalboro for this post:
  • T92 (06-10-2022)

Status
Focus
(06-10-2022, 05:06 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote:
    You will likely need ASM for this and free space for the code
    Same as above
  • Make the economizer only reduce mp consumption by 75%.
    This would require editing the formula so ASM as well.
  • Put the Dragons that were on Kefka's Tower in other locations.
    Editing the bosses is easy but for the dragons you will need to edit the events.
  • Add new bosses in the places where the Dragons used to be.
    Same with the dragons
  • Make the man in Narshe only give you the Ragnarok magicite and give you a hint about where it's the sword.
    The wiki has a list of events so you can edit this to only give you the magicite however, this might require more event editing other than just a few bytes.
  • Buff the final boss.
    This is easy. FF3ME can help you with this.
    If you want to edit currently existing weapons then this is also easy. FF3ME can you to do this.
Thanks. 
Victory
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Create a item to revive Leo and add him as a 15 playable character.

We almost got there, see https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-52.html.
PowerPanda finished the thing and has a 15th playable character in his hack Divergent Paths. I don't think he documented the whole 15th character thing but I could be wrong.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Add a secret room at the Colosseum with a secret boss.

This will require map editing and problem is that you might exceed available tilemap space. There is FF6LE-CE that can expand tilemap space and possible FF6Tools too with modified json setting file and expansion done manually.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Put the Dragons that were on Kefka's Tower in other locations.

If it's only a matter of relocating the NPCs it can easily be done with FF6Tools or the regular FF6LE.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Add new bosses in the places where the Dragons used to be.

Pretty much the same reply as the map editing one but instead you might run out of NPCs spots. There's a few you can add without expansion though.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Make the man in Narshe only give you the Ragnarok magicite and give you a hint about where it's the sword.

This is event editing and can be done easily.

If you plan on expanding things like tilemap or NPCs an expanded ROM is the easiest way to go.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • T92 (06-11-2022)

Status
Focus
(06-11-2022, 11:08 AM)madsiur Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Create a item to revive Leo and add him as a 15 playable character.

We almost got there, see https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-52.html.
PowerPanda finished the thing and has a 15th playable character in his hack Divergent Paths. I don't think he documented the whole 15th character thing but I could be wrong.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Add a secret room at the Colosseum with a secret boss.

This will require map editing and problem is that you might exceed available tilemap space. There is FF6LE-CE that can expand tilemap space and possible FF6Tools too with modified json setting file and expansion done manually.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Put the Dragons that were on Kefka's Tower in other locations.

If it's only a matter of relocating the NPCs it can easily be done with FF6Tools or the regular FF6LE.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Add new bosses in the places where the Dragons used to be.

Pretty much the same reply as the map editing one but instead you might run out of NPCs spots. There's a few you can add without expansion though.

(06-10-2022, 02:52 PM)T29 Wrote: Make the man in Narshe only give you the Ragnarok magicite and give you a hint about where it's the sword.

This is event editing and can be done easily.

If you plan on expanding things like tilemap or NPCs an expanded ROM is the easiest way to go.
Thanks.
I managed to do all except adding Leo to the party (I'll try later). Victory
  Find