Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3SE 2.14

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Shell
I have once again needed to do something that is annoying with existing tools, so I modified ff3se because it's the one that has source code available.

This new version:
  • Can edit riding and death sprites
  • Can edit all 165 actor sprites, not just the first 22
  • Can import/export sprites to/from .bin files
  • Fixes a bug where changing the name of the file in the export dialog (without using Browse) doesn't work.

EDIT: 2.14 Also:
  • Fixes a bug importing pngs
  • Correctly handles all NPC, some of whom had missing poses in the previous version.
I tried to port it to MSVC 2022, but that made libpng crash, and I couldn't figure out the fix, so the source is still using MSVC 2015.

normal version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n8xatvuoy6eps8m/FF3SE.zip/file
madsiur's modified version for expanded monster GFX (not tested): https://www.mediafire.com/file/gocne1rd1...m.zip/file[/url]
source: [url=https://www.mediafire.com/file/00xja8qcddu1utk/ff3se_2.14_source.zip/file]https://www.mediafire.com/file/00xja8qcddu1utk/ff3se_2.14_source.zip/file
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Subtraction for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (06-07-2021), HoxNorf (06-06-2021), madsiur (06-18-2021)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Is there a way to edit the first 3 forms of the final boss? Can't find their sprites in any of the versions of FF3SE. Only the very last God Kefka. Thanks to everyone in adv.
  Find

Status
Shell
(06-06-2021, 09:42 AM)MFS Wrote: Is there a way to edit the first 3 forms of the final boss? Can't find their sprites in any of the versions of FF3SE. Only the very last God Kefka. Thanks to everyone in adv.

That's because they aren't sprites; they're part of the background image, as you can see here https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php?id=sprite:bgs. Probably the easiest way to edit them is to use Everything's FF6Tools.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Subtraction for this post:
  • MFS (06-06-2021)

Status
Shell
I've updated this to fix a couple of bugs. See edit in the first post.
  Find
  • C-Dude (05-08-2023)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 8
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I love the new version and thanks for releasing it. I inform you about something that appears to be a bug. Whenever i import a new sprite that alters a default palette, the other sprites sharing the same palette show totally altered colors (way different than the slight alteration i made). I wish it's clear. If not i can send you some pics.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
What was the bug that was happening when importing .pngs? I seen where when I imported sprites, the Death and Riding sprites would be distorted. I hope this is the bug that was fixed.
  Find

Status
Shell
(05-09-2023, 03:41 PM)Gens Wrote: I love the new version and thanks for releasing it. I inform you about something that appears to be a bug. Whenever i import a new sprite that alters a default palette, the other sprites sharing the same palette show totally altered colors (way different than the slight alteration i made). I wish it's clear. If not i can send you some pics.

I'm guessing you mean the palette is getting imported in the wrong order? I don't think I've changed anything about that. To be honest, I'm probably not gonna fix it, but if someone else wants to, that's cool. I don't own FF3SE; I just hacked some fixes into someone else's code.

(05-09-2023, 09:17 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: What was the bug that was happening when importing .pngs? I seen where when I imported sprites, the Death and Riding sprites would be distorted. I hope this is the bug that was fixed.

Yeah, I should have been clearer on that. The bug was that when importing .pngs on the character tab, a bunch of the tiles would be in the wrong place and it looked garbled. This would have affected more than just the death and riding sprites, but as far as I am aware, those should also work now.
  Find
  • CrumpledMedal (05-11-2023)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 8
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
[Image: UlmMguJ.png]
[Image: a4vKZDX.png]

I just checked and palette is the same on both sprites but the preview window doesn't work correctly
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Can I possibly request an option to be able to resize the FF3SE window and/or make it full screen? My neck would thank you for it, since I tend to lean in toward the screen while pixel editing to see those fine pixels. Zooming in on the sprite doesn't show the whole sprite, and it doesn't show enough of it! Full screen would solve this issue. 8)
  Find