Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Request: Changing Equipment takes a turn

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hey all! I'm just trying to work on mechanical balances in my hack, but the one thing I still have unaddressed is changing Equipment in battle via the Item menu has no penalty if playing in Wait mode. I'd like it to take a turn, just tested it out in FFIV 3D and that's exactly what it does, instantly changes it but then makes you wait until the next turn to proceed. Any way to get that into my hack here? ASM code would be best so I could slot it in the right spot. 

If that does not work, is there a way I could just disable the ability to change equipment in combat completely? I'd prefer the first, but this way would also be doable.

Thanks!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
GrayShadows was working on a hack for BNW that does just that but I'm not sure if it was successfully done or not. Other than that, yes you can prevent re-equipping during combat, I havent checked where it is exactly in the rom but you the option exist in FF3usME in the Actors Editor.

Find

Status
None
Wow, it's right there in FF3usME, not sure how I missed that. Thank you! That's a relief.

I'll shoot GrayShadows a PM as well to see how it went doing the first option.
  Find

Status
None
Just FYI still looking for any help on this one! Hopefully GrayShadows comes back and saves me, this is the last mechanics change I'd really like for my hack, so if anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated!

Or....another idea. Any way to make a relic that would allow you change equipment in battle, but only when the relic is equipped? So the game thinks by default that checkbox in FF3usME "Can't re-equip during combat" is checked, but with this relic equipped, it is unchecked?
  Find