Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I notice Hatzen's Rage & Sketch Expansion doesn't seem to work on this. Save game loads fine, but as soon as a battle starts, there's no time to even enter a battle command before it blacks out. That's with just this patch & the Rage patch on the rom, so it's obviously the Rage patch causing that problem. That incompatibility would rule out this great patch for me, alas, since I use Hatzen's patch to go into USME & configure each monster with 4 commands (with Battle & Special part of the algorhythm so those don't need to be put in as commands), then I enter those commands in the scripts so the monsters use them, and they're also used in rage & sketch. Very time-consuming but rewarding process that I need R&SE and also USME for.

I'm not even sure if USME can be used with this overhaul. I recall having some problems before with that; can't remember now whether it was Reynolds' bug fix comp and/or some other huge overhaul, but making changes with USME and then saving corrupted the game instantly. I was able to get it to work with the Relocalization overhaul somehow. I think I had to go into a hex editor & remove Dr. Meat's personalized rom header, then I was able to use USME as much as I wanted, at least on his 1.3 patch; after that, he made changes that permanently ruined the usage of USME. I haven't tried to use it yet on ROSE, because I want to clarify the R&SE problem before I get into it further. If anyone knows anything about any of this, pls let me know. Thanks.

Edit: possibly fixed by applying this patch *on top of* R&SE. At least the first few battles are working now. Now, if I find out I can use USME, then I'm good to go on this patch, it seems for the moment anyway.

Edit II: It bombed out when rages were used in battle. Alphabetical rage didn't work either. Forget about using Rage patches on this. It seems to be one of those overhauls where you don't add additional patches or do any editing & just play straight up vanilla. I'm sure it's fun enough on its own, but I do so much USME hacking with rage, sketch, monster/item stats, names, etc that I can't use this patch. I'll stick with old reliable Relocalization Project 1.03, which has handled all the various patches I've thrown at it (except CV's bug fix, which is too comprehensive to be used on anything but a clean rom) as well as extreme USME editing.
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to version 1.06.  Frog
Hoping it won't need a chaser this time.
  • Another batch of field dialog refinements, #800 - #1099 focus.
  • Fixed technical errors with #833, #987, #1166, #2843.
  • Updated to C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation version 1.23 (updates Description Disruption to v1.2 -- no real impact on ROSE).
  • Updated Cancel Button Dash to v1.1.
  • Resolved patching conflict with Lenophis' "Holy Randomness Batman!"
  • Added Assassin's "Alphabetical Rage" patch, adapted for the ROSE rage names. I'm sold!
  • Fixed an occasionally game-crashing bug in the Anti-Fix tweak patch.
Also added new nonstandard patches for the following:
  • Display class names on the field main menu, not just the status menu.
  • Restore the original internal ROM name & set ROM version to 1.0 (Enables editing in FF3usME).
  • Restore bug-fix event data that get wiped out by FF3usME. (Apply after saving in FF3usME.)

(03-29-2021, 11:24 AM)Dev J Wrote: I notice Hatzen's Rage & Sketch Expansion doesn't seem to work on this. Save game loads fine, but as soon as a battle starts, there's no time to even enter a battle command before it blacks out. That's with just this patch & the Rage patch on the rom, so it's obviously the Rage patch causing that problem.

I'm not even sure if USME can be used with this overhaul.

It seems to be one of those overhauls where you don't add additional patches or do any editing & just play straight up vanilla. I'm sure it's fun enough on its own, but I do so much USME hacking with rage, sketch, monster/item stats, names, etc that I can't use this patch.

Hi Dev J,

You are correct -- both ROSE and the C. V. bug-fix comp are incompatible with FF3usME without some post-fixing.

ROSE has a lot more ad-hoc tomfoolery going on under the hood with ability names, etc. than Relocalization, so it is difficult to predict if any given customization will be compatible.
I do not know much about Hatzen's hack (yet).

But I can say the project is inching its way towards hacker-accessibility.
The two new "hacking" patches included with  v1.06 should cover most of the FF3usME-related woes -- and may even work with the later Relocalization versions. They are made to be general-purpose.
Might be worth a shot!

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Any chance of this (or any of the separated mods) being made compatible with Divergent Paths? I really like the QOL stuff and the fixed spell names presented here, but I love the expanded story stuff present in Divergent Paths. Totally understand if it's not possible, but wanted to ask anyway.
  Find

Status
Enlight
(06-26-2021, 04:16 PM)SuziStriker Wrote: Any chance of this (or any of the separated mods) being made compatible with Divergent Paths?

Hi SuziStriker,

A lot of the QoL patches may be compatible as they are. Have you tried any?

My understanding is that the Divergent Paths keeps to its own essentials as much as possible, so that reduces the risk of patching conflicts with these.

I would encourage trying the following yourself as you like:
As for text stuff --
If revamped spell/ability names is your focus, perhaps try the regular Restored Ability Names patch.
It would get you about 90+% of what ROSE has in that area, assuming no conflicts.
But it is also bigger than the QoL patches above, so the risk is higher.

One way to test (besides using a conflict checker) would be to apply whatever additional patches you want first, followed by Divergent Paths, and then check that the added features work as expected.

Hope that helps!
I do want to make those patches as widely compatible as possible. I should eventually get around to checking them out with Divergent Paths myself, but in the meantime, feel free to report any of your own findings.

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
In general, assume Divergent Paths is NOT compatible with any hacks as-is. The changes may be understated, but they are everywhere. Since I worked on an unexpanded rom, much of the free space used by other hacks is used. For example, the MMMMMagic changes live in C4, as does the WoB minimap. The new music track (Leo's Theme) is in C3. Here is what I can tell you about the ones you mentioned:

Docile NPCS - Already implemented
Decoupled Color-Coded MP Digits - I think this might already be in the rom. If it was included in CV Reynold's Bugfix Compilation, it is there. Otherwise, Imzogelmo's version is there.
Soft Reset - Dang it, I forgot to implement that one! This one will probably work.
Cancel Button Dash - Might possibly work? I have "run by default" with the B Button making the character walk (custom code used only in DP). If this patch completely overwrites my code, it will work. Note that there are no Sprint Shoes in Divergent Paths, so half of this effect is lost.
Restored Ability Names - Has maybe a 10% chance of working? I moved the magic descriptions and changed a number of ability names (IE - Health became Morph, and the 10 new magic spells overwrite the Desperation Attacks. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (07-09-2021), SSJ Rick (07-10-2021), SuziStriker (07-23-2021)

Status
Enlight
Happy 27th Anniversary of FF3us! (Two minutes left in my timezone, anyway...)

The hack has been updated to v1.07.

Lots of fun updates this time around. User requests played a big part.
Here's the gist:
  • Integrated Novalia Spirit's "Rage Checklist".
  • Added descriptions for Dance & Rage abilities. (Thanks @dn for publishing the implementation.)
  • Updated the C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation to version 1.25. Typhon & Siegfried are no longer accessible on the Veldt by default. These may be added back in via add-on patch.
  • Mitigated the menu system flaw blocking access to the Tonberries (Pugs) Rage. You can now learn and use all 256 Rages if you so desire. Frog (Standalone patch coming soon!) Cheers to @seibaby for the post that just so happened to inspire this one.
  • Improved cursor position uniformity.
  • More field dialog refinements, #1100 - #1299 focus.
  • Hack is now compatible with @Madsiur's Music Player.
  • Updated "Cancel Button Dash" to v1.2.
  • The "FF6ROSE-FieldMainClasses" tweak now adds class names to the Load & Save confirmation screens, not just the field main menu screen.
This is one of those releases where I've gotten into a frantic crunch trying to put it out on a special date. Historically, that means you'll be hearing from me again in about a week. But I'm feeling optimistic about this one.  Tongue

Enjoy!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-12-2021), Joshua H. (10-12-2021), Rodimus Primal (10-12-2021)

Status
None
(10-11-2021, 11:58 PM)SilentEnigma Wrote:
  • Added Assassin's "Alphabetical Rage" patch, adapted for the ROSE rage names.
    - (from v1.06)
  • Integrated Novalia Spirit's "Rage Checklist”.
    - (from v1.07)

Wow, all of this is excellent!
Is it possible to release this (quoted above) as one standalone patch? Provided of course that you get permission from all the original parties involved. The convenience of having an alphabetized checklist for all of gau’s rages is brilliant and not something I knew I wanted until now.

EDIT:
Found a quick typo in the "readme". Installation and feature details are both marked as "1."
in table of contents.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

0. Introduction
1. Installation
1. Feature Details
2. Utilities & Resources Used
3. Credits
4. Revision History
5. Legal

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to REDTITAN for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (10-12-2021)

Status
Enlight
Thanks @REDTITAN  Hello 

I think the AZ+Checklist bit is either going to be an addendum with patching instructions, or at least start that way.
It would also be good to get Rage Checklist hosted on this site, too, since it's pretty hard to come by.

(10-12-2021, 02:26 PM)REDTITAN Wrote: Found a quick typo in the "readme". Installation and feature details are both marked as "1."
in table of contents.

Never fails...  Finger
Thanks for letting me know.
I think you may have been the only download at that point. I'm taking a mulligan!

Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to v1.08.

This change set is about as modest as they come:
  • Updated the C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation to version 2.00. This fixes bug in original Pugs Rage patch causing Gau to use unlearned Rage abilities when confused.
  • More field dialog script refinements, #1300 - #1399 focus)
  • Fixed typo in caption #1146
  • Removed permanently blank slots at bottom of Rage list left by Typhon & Siegfried (rages removed in v1.07).
My pile of Rage patches is close to getting properly untangled. Once that's over,  I'm planning to get into more trouble fun with text this year. Perhaps a re-revamp of the small font stuff.

Enjoy!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (01-15-2022), SSJ Rick (01-19-2022)

Status
Enlight
It was brought to my attention that the Anti-Fix extra patch is ever so slightly crashy.
Basically a use-the-Relics-menu-at-your-own-peril kind of situation.
Interestingly, the bug has been present since the original Anti-Fix patch, now almost a year ago.  Confused
I mean, the patch does promise to leave the game in a more broken state, so...

Anyway, I whipped up an addendum that fixes the issue -- see attachment ROSE_v1.08_AntiFix-Fix.zip (also in the OP).
The Anti-Fix fix applies on top of the Anti-Fix for v1.04 - v1.08. (Are we having fun yet?)

The lesson of the day is:

If you have three totally compatible and unrelated patches, A, B, & C,
...And you apply patches A & B to your vanilla rom...
...And then you use that rom to create a combined A/B anti-patch in LunarIPS...
The resulting A/B anti-patch is NOT guaranteed to be compatible with patch C.

(That is, if you have two modified sections of data separated by just a few unmodified bytes, LunarIPS will ignore the gap and treat the whole thing as one section.)