Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
auction house rng

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The whole auction house is just a mess, that's why when I started editing it I end up just rewriting the entire chunk of code from start to finish. Also shortened it by using sub routines instead of normally each branch or auction being its own no-continuous code. To remove all the extra trash completly, if I remember correctly, you'll have to follow each individual auction path, removing each line you don't want. In other words, if memory serves, it doesn't jump to "begging child" routine, but is recoded each and every time it happens.

If your just looking for a fix, use my old auction house patch and just remove that subroutine. Also easier to change chances for each auction since I did all the auction choosing code in one place rather than chances scattered around the whole code.  If you'd rather do it yourself, I still suggest rewriting the code from start to finish, it realy is a nasty chunk of code to edit.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
while other design choices that were poorly executed can be easily fixed, the auction house is probably the worst offender simply because you have to scroll through the text and the same thing happens over and over again. i was thinking of seeing if i could add an alternative to getting the magicite shards but it seems the editor cannot really do that because they are cut scene obtained events (sort of) rather than the more interactive such as with ramuh.

where is the link to the patch btw and does the rom need to be headered or not?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Sorry I missed that post, still working on reviving those skills... Like paying attention and such.

To wrap up the thread anyway, the link to that Auction House rewrite thread is: Auction House replace

Fairly certain the readme in the download has some information in it (don't remember how my skill at making readme's at that time was) but I recall the thread mentioning a few things as for quick edits to personal taste (such as removing a high priced megalixer auction after magicite had been bought). Maybe some things about installing that should be in the readme...

Point being, the thread probably can answer more questions than I can at the moment but feel free to ask. Worst case I should ve able to still read the excel sheet and assist in any personal edits you would prefer for your own usage (like removing some stuff or maybe, big maybe, inserting other items for sale.) 

One thing I do have to mention with that auction that I'm still proud of, you have a chance to win with every bid, verses in vanilla the first prompt to bid was just for show. Meaning, you might (a 25% or 33% chance or less) win the auction on the first bid for less cost. While I'm proud of it, that shouldn't be hard to remove either if it suits your taste but I'd have to look into how if my notes weren't clear enough to decrypt.

Good luck and enjoy.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find