Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Updated "Description Disruption" by SilentEnigma to 1.1.

Added "Button Blunder" by Gi Nattak.

Thanks for all the hard work, everyone. :3
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • Imzogelmo (10-17-2020), SilentEnigma (10-17-2020)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
I want to be the first to thank you for the new release. After years of working 2 jobs I've had some issues and am now on temporary disability, so I got nothing much to do besides the computer and tipping my toe back into hacking. 

Thanks for this. its a perfect base for any ff3 project, and standalone I would dub it as FF3 US 1.2, if not higher.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Imzogelmo for this post:
  • CVReynolds (10-19-2020)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Status
Enlight
Hi Imzogelmo! Circumstances notwithstanding, It's great to see you back on the scene some. Praying all the best for you and yours.

A couple of new developments to report on two patches - Imp Skimp (LeetSketcher) and Unaffected Rows (Assassin).
The key post is here:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid39348

It boils down to the following recommendations:

Fix for Imp Skimp v1.4, revert these two subroutine calls to the original:
Code:
Executes upon new enemy appearing (i.e. SrBehemoth; start of battle)
> Imp Skimp v1.4:
C1/9369: 20 1B D7    JSR $D71B
> Original FF3us v1.0:
C1/9369: 20 7C 25    JSR $257C

Executes upon enemy regenerating (i.e. Pugs; undead+Doom)
> Imp Skimp v1.4:
C1/93C5: 20 1B D7    JSR $D71B
> Original FF3us v1.0:
C1/93C5: 20 7C 25    JSR $257C

Fix for Unaffected Rows v0.20 (Fix credit: Assassin):
Code:
> Unaffected Rows v0.20:
C2/50AF A5 B1       LDA $B1
C2/50B1 48          PHA
> Fixed:
C2/50AF A6 B1       LDX $B1
C2/50B1 DA          PHX

Also, I never got around to posting it, but I did some testing with the "Fenix + undead" variant of Assassin's Vanish/Doom update. Seems good.
With the tweak applied, Fenix Down no longer instantly kills undead enemies flagged to be immune to instant death.
See attached if interested.

I think I will leave it up to you(s) whether to consider the Vanilla behavior a bug in this case.
I am inclined to believe it was at least an oversight, because the "block instant death" flag normally confers a disadvantage to undead enemies. (It blocks the death spell, preventing the enemy from regenerating at full HP.)
Assassin's tweak at least makes for a fair tradeoff.

UPDATE 2020-10-21:
My original post erroneously reported the original FF3us 1.0's C1/9369 and C1/93C5 as the following:
Code:
C1/9369: 20 25 7C
C1/93C5: 20 25 7C

Sorry for the confusion! The error was is pointed out by Gi Nattak here.
This post has been updated to fix the error.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (10-19-2020), Imzogelmo (10-18-2020), Warrax (10-20-2021)

Status
Weakness
There's just so much to investigate and review... Now if I just had some place or method to gather everything and comb through it.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
CVReynolds: did you ever incorporate this bugfix to Brushless Sketch:
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....n#msg27556
?

i skimmed your next few posts after that, and searched the forum for "brushless" with no newer results, but can't be fully sure that it was missed/postponed.

credit to Xenovant for both confirming the bug and testing the fix.

EDIT: or was Brushless Sketch never in the compilation to start, being classified as a tweak?

Status
None
SilentEnigma: Wow. Thanks. I'll have an update to the patch soon. Maybe tonight.

Imzogelmo: Welcome back. It's great to see familiar faces. :3

Assassin: Sorry. I saw your post before but forgot to reply. Sad I did consider Brushless Sketch to be a tweak instead of a fix, so it was never part of the comp. If there's something in the game's code that implies the developers meant to handle it that way, I'd like to hear about it, though. As it is, I always assumed Relm has separate brushes for painting and attacking. And that Celes and Cyan can learn something from her about pockets/sheaths. (As an aside, I wonder if it would be good to buff brushes so people might actually want to use them as weapons... in a tweak patch, naturally.)

(Worth pointing out that the comp includes Terii Senshi's version of the Rage fix, though, which places Siegfried and Chupon on the Veldt. That could be considered a tweak as well...)

On the flipside, I always considered Fenix Down/Life spells working on undead enemies immune to death status to be a bug. Though mostly on paper (hacks) rather than in practice. I think the only enemy in the plain game affected is Hidon. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, though.

EDIT:

New version already. :3

Updated Imp Skimp (Leet Sketcher) with new fixing by SilentEnigma.

Updated Unaffected Rows (Assassin) with new fixing by Assassin.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • Imzogelmo (10-20-2020)

Status
Weakness
@Assassin, I have a Mirror Status Immunity Fix listed for you in my WIP assembly file, with 2 versions. Is there any update or release on that?

Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
nope; 7/7/16 is the last time i edited any files, so the mnrogar forum posts should reflect everything.

as for why no release yet: aside from general laziness (e.g. i haven't tested the posted code; you're probably the only person who has) and deciding on which free space to use, i also probably wanted to pare down the robust, two-bug description for a lite, web page version.

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Status
Enlight
C.V.: Please see the update in my last post:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid39349

(Did you happen catch my mistake when you made 1.21? If not, my apologies!)

Status
None
Version 1.22 out.

Updated Imp Skimp (Leet Sketcher) (extra fixing by SilentEnigma) to REALLY fixed version.

SilentEnigma: As you can tell, I didn't catch the mistake in time, no. And I was in too much of a rush last time to check whether the bytes in the previous version actually matched the plain-flavored FF6. Cover I'm sure they're right this time, though. Thanks for warning me of the error. :3
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (10-21-2020)