Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF8 Squall Leonhart (FF6 PSX Recreation)

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sometimes in the save/load screen of the Psx port of FFVI, a 16-bit sprite of Squall or an onion knight can occasionally appear instead of one the main characters, but unlike Terra an Co, these sprites are incomplete, lacking a the back poses and other frames.
In this recreation, i added the missing poses of the Squall sprite, turning him from an elusive cameo to a fully playable character. I used Locke as base for most of the poses and the Record Keeper ones for the casting animation. It use a custom palette which retains Locke's NPC and boots colors.
The portrait is a demake of the FF8 one.   
[Image: opwnrk.png][Image: 2mee0jq.png]
Credits:
Ultimencia: For ripping the original sprites and posting it to The Spriters Resource.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LoneRedMage for this post:
  • madsiur (05-25-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This is a nice sprite and different from the existing FF6 Squall. Are you planning Onion Knight as well?
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
considering how awesome the original sprite is, thats definitely a decent attempt at making it useable.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
If anything I'd say the back of his head could use more work, to me it doesn't look consistent with how the rest of his hair looks, and has that dark mass/circle of pixels that stands out a bunch. It's an okay Squall, needs a bunch of work to compare in quality to the pre-existing one, but still better than I could ever do lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
(05-30-2018, 10:07 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: If anything I'd say the back of his head could use more work, to me it doesn't look consistent with how the rest of his hair looks, and has that dark mass/circle of pixels that stands out a bunch. It's an okay Squall, needs a bunch of work to compare in quality to the pre-existing one, but still better than I could ever do lol.
agreed back of hair stands out as weak spot; i love the side view on the other hand
  Find