Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Patch] Relics Damage

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Download: Relics Damage

The patch allows the three relics (atlas armlet, earring and hero ring) that raises physic or magic damage to stack up. Each individual relic will contribute with 25% damage bonus based if the attack is physic or magic. Any combination of the three relics can be used, and the bonus damage will sum up.

Because technical reasons and balance, only the relics are checked in the patch for their 'raise physic damage' and 'raise magic damage' flags. All other equipment (weapon, shield, hat and armor) are ignored for the related flags, even if the flags are active.
  Find
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • DrakeyC (05-03-2018), Gi Nattak (05-03-2018), madsiur (05-03-2018), PowerPanda (07-07-2018), Robo Jesus (05-20-2019), SSJ Rick (07-09-2018)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I was just looking into Relic balancing today, and came across the discrepancy with the Earrings vs. the Atlas Armlet. I thought I was going to have to code this myself. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Necropost!

First off, I love this hack. The way that you have coded the damage bonuses makes so much more sense than the original, and is the way it should have been coded.

Now, the unfortunate side. This patch can cause damage overflow. If the Damage that was stored in $11B0 after the Offering/Gauntlet/Genji Glove calculation is higher than #$AAAA (dec 43,690), then this patch can cause a 16-bit overflow and result in fractional damage being dealt. I combined this with Drakkhen's damage overflow patch, which drops total damage to #$FFFF if it overflows the 16-bit field. This is presumably so that people can remove the 9999 cap if they want to. There are 2 ways to fix this. Since I am retaining the 9999 cap, I made a change to Drakkhen's code that it drops total damage to #$270F (9999) before it passes off the damage to your code.

However, if you wanted to fix this in this patch itself, then you'd simply need to add a check that says, "If $11B0 is already higher than #270F, skip over adding the bonus."

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
I was still having problems with this, so I went to the Discord for help. Seibaby took a look at the code, and found that the problem is in the ;update damage section. You are applying a 9999 damage cap BEFORE the enemy defense gets figured in. The CMP #$270F and LDA #$270F need to be changed to CMP #$FFFF and LDA #$FFFF. This fixes the issue.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Can someone please upload a fixed version? It looks like Hatzen is no longer updating his files. This patch looks wonderful, but seems a little unsafe until the noted change is made.
  Find

Status
None
I'll look at my notes on this one, and try to release an updated version.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Dev J (12-15-2022)

Status
Auto-life
I updated the patch with the mentioned fix. You can download it here: Relics Damage 1.1
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • Dev J (12-23-2022), Gi Nattak (12-23-2022)

Status
None
Thank you! Could you please also upload Wilder Randomness 4.4 as an ips? I tried Gi Nattak's asm version of 4.4 & it had errors with my quirky expanded rom. I'm sure I'll have better luck with a headered ips like 4.2 is.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
I updated the wilder randomness patch. You can download it here: Wilder Randomness 4.4
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • Dev J (12-25-2022), PowerPanda (12-30-2022)

Status
None
(12-25-2022, 01:51 PM)HatZen08 Wrote: I updated the wilder randomness patch. You can download it here: Wilder Randomness 4.4

Thanks for all your hard work on these patches. Much appreciated.
  Find