Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RotDS 1.8.3 MSU-1 Compatibility

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm done with basic tests..

- Patch Conflict finder find zero conflict between the MSU-1 basic mod and RotDS 1.8.3
- RotDS 1.8.3 alone play fine in snes9X 1.55
- MSU-1 mod play fine in snes9X 1.55

- Patching a clean ROM with the MSU-1 mod first then applying the RotDS patch second or doing the opposite make the game freeze and sound glitch after the RotDS splash screen. I tried changing both intro song and $7E509D song loading that replace "Omen" on Opening to ID 01 to make sure I had a valid song ID.

I'll include here the Patch Conflict finder report and MSU-1 patch as well as both patches IPS reports. If anyone want to test this further or debug, you'll need valid audio installation from the Dancing Mad mod, in other words, installing the mod then patching with RotDS at the very least.

.zip  msu-1.zip (233.82 KB, 3 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-12-2018), SSJ Rick (03-15-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I got it working!

For some reason, and suspect is ROM type in internal header that is changed in RotDS, original FF3us ROM allow things such as JML $12FA72 that will jump to $D2FA72 but with RotDS patch applied, same command will jump elsewhere in some place loading garbage. So I just changed all MSU-1 hack JML instruction to have the bank as hirom value. There was about 15 to change.

So the process to test other things like the music player and event boss songs above ID $80 require installing Dancing Mad, applying RotDS patch and applying the small patch below. Finally it seems when a song is not found in MSU-1 library default music is played so anything above $55 will be original RotDS music. I'll try when the school backlogger is smaller to implement music fading but since some already tried it might be virtually impossible, we'll see.

.zip  rotds-msu1.zip (626 bytes, 2 downloads)

Find