Tissue-aware
Lazy Sound Patch Compilation vol.1
author: madsiur
release date: 03/17/2018
version: happysoft-1.2
apply to: headerless FF3us 1.0
All patches will expand the ROM

Description

These patches replace FF6 instruments with other Squaresoft games instruments. Some might sound better or more funny than others, there was no favoritism made when making  the patches, the instruments order is the same as in the game they are coming from.

Loop data ($F00000), pitch data ($F00100) and ADSR data ($F00200) were relocated. The BRR samples are also in bank $F0 ($F00300 and up), covering as many space as needed to put them all. The FF6 samples are still there, don't forget these are Lazy Patches, but this decision was taken in cases a game has less samples than FF6. In this case the rest of the samples up to ID $3F are FF6 samples.

A bit more seriously, these patches primary role is to test samples in FF6 with imported loop, ADSR and pitch data. You can change song instruments (C53F95-C54A34) to listen to new samples. You can also listen to them in FF3usME but it is not possible to list more than the first 63 for games having more samples.

There is nothing more to add about these patches, for more details on the samples, refer to the Squaresoft BRR database.

Available Games

Bahamut Lagoon
Chrono Trigger
Dynami Tracer
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Front Mission
Front Mission: Gundam Hazard
Hanjuku Hero
Koi ha Balance
Live a Live
Mystic Quest
Radical Dreamers
Romancing Saga
Romancing Saga 2
Romancing Saga 3
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3
Super Mario RPG
Treasure Conflix
Treasure of the Rudras
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I do not usually make update posts on this one due to the nature of the patch but version uploaded just now has 2 critical bugs fixed: first I copy now the full ADSR, loop and pitch data instead of just 1 byte for custom instruments, this was a stupid coding error. This should make overall patches sound better. Secondly I inverted SMRPG and Bahamut Lagoon ADSR and pitch data because they are inverted in original game compared to what is in FF6 so these two patches should sound overall better.

So if for whatever reason you download first or second version, if you fully want to test the instruments with correct data you should download this update.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Do we install all these patches on one file
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(02-22-2021, 11:44 PM)nobletaran Wrote: Do we install all these patches on one file

No, you would choose just one to use at a time; it will replace the instruments with whatever patch you choose, so if you choose the Romancing Saga 3 patch, it will change the instruments to that. Then, if you decide to apply the Chrono Trigger one, it will replace the instruments to that, see? So using more than one of the patches at once is futile, in other words.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Which one is best
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-23-2021, 12:42 AM)nobletaran Wrote: Which one is best

I personally wouldn't use them as they are more test patches than anything else. They don't sound great. I should actually delete that thread.
  Find