Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any mods for FF4 psp?

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Are there any mods created for the PSP complete collection of FF4? I can't seem to find em anywhere... The DS / Steam version looks so ugly compared to the psp version.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I started gathering data for this a couple years ago but never did anything with it. I was also coding an editor to do the hard work for me once I found the data but stopped that too. Sad I've since deleted what I had.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 3
Status
None
Bummer! It was the definitive version for me. But I guess it being limited to PSP makes it fairly obscure.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Last time I checked there was a file extractor over at Xentax Forums. They also figured a few file formats, often partially. They were able to extract the spritesheets. The problem with modern games is they take often a lot of R&D before actually being able to make cool mods with them. And this is only valid if people continuously work on the game.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
If this thread isn't too old to reply to, I've seen discussions of hacking FF4 PSP on the romhacking.net forums. I'd love it if someone came up with a hacking utility for FF4/The After Years, because I have several ideas for character modding in TAY. (Specifically, I'd like to make it so there are no useless characters, since one of the big problems with TAY is the amount of characters who are basically useless endgame, or have useless commands.) Knowing C is probably useful if you want to hack PSP games in general, since from what I've read, most of them were written in C or C++.
  Find