Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: ff6msu1.png]

Dancing Mad is an Open Beta mod from insidious611 to enhance the audio of FF3us. It replaces the SPC-700 based soundtrack with CD quality audio, to the exception of one music source that use MP3s. There will be 6 configurations of OST possible in the final release, 4 that can be chosen already. Here are the 4 music sources of the possible configurations:
  1. FLACs of the official FF6 OST.
  2. MP3s of FinalFanTim's "Unreleased Tracks" FFVI Remaster project.
  3. FLACs of the OCRemix Balance & Ruin remix album.
  4. FLACs of Sean Schafianski's Final Fantasy VI Remastered project.

While the project is still open beta, there are only one or two minor bugs that prevent an official final release. Recently support has been added to work with the music player patch and the TWUE hack. This project could be used as a base by any FF6 hacker that wish to have a MSU-1 version of his hack. Obviously if wish to add different songs to the game you'd have to modify the PCM songs library to match your hack but this is less more trouble than current way to do music hacking.

Official thread: http://bit.ly/ff6msu1

Download: http://bit.ly/ff6msu1-github

Demo: https://youtu.be/Cy4d5n6lHsQ
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Some different versions of the Opera part. I kinda hesitate between the version from the More Friends album and the Distant World version..

More Friends Album

Distant Worlds

Game Music Concert 4

Black Mages Version

Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey. This is fricking phenomenal! Well done Madsuir! 

Though, question. I would like to enter my own versions of a few songs that I have seen, or from other games into my hack. I used audacity to change the music from MP3 into a pcm, but it's not showing up in game. It just has the basic music playing. (I tried replacing Gogo's music for instance.) Before replacing it is the new song, but then i put mine in and it goes back to default. Placing the Dancing mad version back in changes it again back to the new version. 

Is there a specific setting when exporting that i need the pcm to be, if not could you tell me the process of how you created the song, so i can TRY to replicate your success?

Thanks in advance!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-18-2018, 11:05 PM)Yoshivoodoo Wrote: Hey. This is fricking phenomenal! Well done Madsuir! 

Hey this is not my mod! It's insidious611's work. I'm however helping a bit with fading that I should put in official release after exams and I'm working on my own implementation for the fun of it. I added the author's name in OP, I thought it would be obvious by clicking on the link..

(04-18-2018, 11:05 PM)Yoshivoodoo Wrote: Though, question. I would like to enter my own versions of a few songs that I have seen, or from other games into my hack. I used audacity to change the music from MP3 into a pcm, but it's not showing up in game. It just has the basic music playing. (I tried replacing Gogo's music for instance.) Before replacing it is the new song, but then i put mine in and it goes back to default. Placing the Dancing mad version back in changes it again back to the new version. 

Basically run the Dancing Mad installer, now if your setup is correct (which I think it is always the case with this installer), the music should be replaced with PCM audio. I use quertymodo wavtomsu to convert the WAV file to PCM. He has a tutorial on this: https://youtu.be/9pDXdaWS9-Q

The only other important thing is replacing the old file with same filename for the new file which I think need to start by "ff3-" for this mod.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Yoshivoodoo (04-19-2018)

Status
None
Oh, well Thank you to Insidious611 then!!

And thank you good sir for the information. =)

EDIT: I understand the fact that I have to replace the file with the same name and what-not, but...

I downloaded wavtomsu, but am TOTALLY lost on how to use it. Running the program just popped up a black screen for like .05 seconds then closed again.

I tried to watch that youtube link from quertymodo, but it's either editing in audacity (which i know how to do), or creating packs or something. All i need is to switch from mp3 or wave to pcm.

I can make a .wav from audacity using pcm attributes then renaming the file and changing extention, but it doesn't work.

Total sad face.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
In the tutorial, he is creating a json file with correct data to run the utility at about 32min.

I think he is only using audacity to find the loop point, he is doing the PCM conversion with the wav2msu utility.

Edit: I followed that bit of tutorial and created my PCM and switched songs and it was working.
  Find

Status
None
WHEW!!!!

SUCCESS!!!  I got a song placed in the game that i have been wanting for my hack. Thank you for all of the support and help Madsiur!

You my good sir are fantastic!

=)
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Just spotted this thread, thought I'd give an update (I've done a fair chunk of the audio work for the mod).
Current project location:
https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/releases

The NMI fading issue still exists, and is probably the last remaining major bug. Lack of fading was causing some audio bugs (music playing when there should be silence, such as the last scene on the Phantom Train with Cyan, as well as some of Shadow's dreams). The current rough workaround until fading is fixed is setting the MSU audio to 0 volume as soon as a fade is called, this leads to a few spots where the music cuts off abruptly instead of fading out (it's not that bad).

The installer will patch the ROM, as well as optionally installing the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition patch, a 'Cut Songs Restoration' patch I whipped up to reintroduce the cut songs that were released on the FFVI Special Tracks album without removing any of the existing tracks, and Madsiur's Music Player patch (it needed a bit of tweaking, by Madsiur, to be fully compatible with the MSU mod). The installer will also download the PCM files from one of Insidious's... 4 servers? (however many it was, he's got a few fallbacks programmed incase the main server can't connect).

Speaking of the PCMs, there are LOTS of options for the music as well:
*Final Fantasy VI Original Sound Version Remastered
*Final Fantasy VI Acoustic Renditions album
*OCRemix's Balance and Ruin album
*FinalFanTim - Final Fantasy VI [Remastered Edition] Unreleased Tracks
*Sean Schafianski - Final Fantasy VI Remastered Soundtrack: Disc One (we just found out about disk 2, it's been converted and will be available through the installer with the next hotfix release)
*ChrystalChameleon's FF6 Orchestrated (If you're not using this version of Dark World, you're missing out on something amazing)
*As well as several individual tracks by various others (collectively lumped into the OTH category), including The Black Mages FFVI tracks (There's only 3-4 The Black Mages FFVI tracks; OTH Dancing Mad is The Black Mages version, simply amazing).
*Final Fantasy VI Special Tracks album (only if you opt-in for the Cut Songs Restoration mod)

Pretty much every song has multiple options for the PCM you want.

Video playlist of the different versions of the Opera I've converted for the project (ATM only the OST and Game Music Concert 4's versions are available through the installer, next hotfix they'll get added in, I can send anyone a link if they don't want to wait though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIn5t4TG...9AfUCiaBmS

And.... I think that covers everything.

*edit- So there was ANOTHER thread I missed, lol. And it even already included my Opera videos (I'm partial to the Black Mages' version myself).

@Yoshivoodoo If you still need any music converted to PCM, I can take care of that for you. I'm quite good at seamlessly looping audio.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to edale for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-19-2018)

Threads: 1
Status
None
Uh, doesn't this support Brave New World?
I don't get why everythings supports Ted's overhaul but forgets Brave New World, which deserves it.

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-10-2018, 11:32 AM)Icarus Kuroi Wrote: I don't get why everythings supports Ted's overhaul but forgets Brave New World, which deserves it.

Well I'm not sure for insidious that supporting every existing mod is a priority. The Dancing Mad code is open source so you can always make a fork and adapt the mod to work with BNW. Insidious will gladly merge your changes into the main release. Maybe also the mod already work with BNW but someone would have to test it, you can be that person!
  Find