Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Divergent Paths Released!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
FF3 - Divergent Paths is a new hack in development for around a half year from new-to-the scene hacker PowerPanda. It is a storyline and event hack that rewrites the "3 Scenarios" chapter of the game into a more naturally-flowing story. It starts with something simple: Edgar jumps from the raft to save his brother. From there, the divergent paths of the characters tell a unified story in 3 parts, each which foreshadows future character development.

Download v1.1

SABIN and EDGAR: The brothers wash ashore next to the military camp, and witness Kefka's poisoning of Doma. They aid CYAN, and then must travel through the Phantom Forest to get to the Nikeah ferry, hoping to deliver warning to Narshe in time.

TERRA and BANON: These two are knocked off course by Ultros, and are sent over Barren Falls. They wash up on the Veldt, where they must befriend GAU and travel the Serpent Trench so that they can get TERRA to the Esper before the Empire invades.

LOCKE: Locke infiltrates South Figaro, where he meets CELES, who is defecting from the Empire. Locke must sneak CELES OUT of South Figaro and IN to Narshe to deliver information that might save the city. SHADOW tags along for reasons that he does not disclose.

The hack was written entirely in the space of the original scenarios so that it could be easily inserted into other hacks.

Development thread: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3486.html

[Image: dp1.png] [Image: dp2.png] [Image: dp3.png]
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • God of rule (10-20-2017), SSJ Rick (10-20-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
this is really interesting looking

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
There were a few bugs with version 1.0. Those have been corrected and I updated the download link with version 1.1.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Great job PowerPanda! I really hope that this gets used in a hack someday. I think it would be a great base for quite a few hacks out there.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • PowerPanda (11-18-2017)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(11-18-2017, 09:34 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Great job PowerPanda!  I really hope that this gets used in a hack someday.  I think it would be a great base for quite a few hacks out there.

It was actually phase 1 of a larger project, which I am working on right now. But yes, I hope to see it used by others. I am biased, but I think I drastically improved the storytelling of that section of the game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find