Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Community member in need of help

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Simon is Kaffe Myers. Peter is (presumably) Bishop.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BTB for this post:
  • madsiur (06-01-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I updated the names and new donations. New temporary total is 333$ 358$!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
holy shit b-run. what a guy have some rep for that!

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • madsiur (06-01-2017)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hello folks, I just wanted to drop in with an update on the situation.

Today, friday, dn will hopefully be arriving without issue in Seattle. I've made reservations for him at a shelter for the night - after tonight he'll be able to make his own reservations, and with the help of a friend, make himself acquainted with the various shelters and services for the homeless that King County has to offer.

The donation drive has been a huge success! So far we've raised around $570 USD (Madsiur can update us on the exact numbers), enough for our two goals of purchasing a bus ticket to Seattle and a care package for dn once he gets there.

A rather large part of the donations ($348.75) have been used to order a big box o' necessities off of Amazon. The order has been shipped and will be delivered sometime during the weekend, to Kjata who has graciously agreed to deliver it to dn in downtown Seattle as soon as possible. I won't list the entire contents of the shipment, but rest assured that it contains a significant portion of what a person on the streets could conceivably need and still be able to carry on his back, including the backpack itself. Amongst the goodies are a prepaid phone, basic medical and hygienic supplies, a repair kit, clothes, and some other useful odds and ends.

Most of the remaining funds will help pay for dn's bus ticket to Seattle. Please note that dn fronted the ticket cost himself with his last cash reserves, and that the vast majority of remaining funds comes from a single large donation. The donor has agreed to let us wire the entirety of this donation as a cash reimbursement for dn. Any remaining funds after that will go towards covering PayPal fees, and if there's anything left after that, I'll take suggestions. My own suggestion is that we donate it to the shelter in Hot Springs, AR, that took dn in after he lost his home.

We will continue accepting donations for dn up to and including Sunday, on the FF6hacking PayPal. If you want to make a donation, but am unable to until after Sunday, Madsiur will still accept donations for dn if you label your payment "for dn". Please note that any donations sent after today will be wired to dn in cash, since we have already reached our goal of paying for a care package and the bus ticket to Seattle.

Thank you so much for your kind support, everyone! I'm proud to be part of this community.
  Find

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (06-03-2017), BTB (06-03-2017), madsiur (06-02-2017), SSJ Rick (06-02-2017)

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey

I hope DN gets his money back soon so he live in a real home again very soon as well

keep up the great work guys
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mac68 3000 for this post:
  • madsiur (06-02-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that's great news, I hope all is well with dn

our prayers are with you man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • madsiur (06-02-2017)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topi...omment=630

And since Lily used smile.amazon.com to put in the order, Amazon made a donation for every dollar y'all spent to an organization benefiting veterans.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to BTB for this post:
  • madsiur (06-03-2017), seibaby (06-03-2017), SSJ Rick (06-08-2017)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
Thanks everybody for the support. I am presently at a long-term shelter in Seattle. About to begin a work program on Monday. Ideally, I'll be through that in 16 weeks and then they help me look for work and housing.
  Find

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to dn for this post:
  • B-Run (06-10-2017), JWhiteLXXXIX (06-08-2017), madsiur (06-08-2017), seibaby (06-08-2017), SSJ Rick (06-08-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
awesome news bro good luck to you

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Since no new donation has been given since 3 weeks, I'm closing donations for dn officially. Even if a small or decent amount was receive, the paypal -> bank -> western union process eat too much in fees to be worthy of using for a two digits amount. We did very good and help was given in needed time so the operation was a success. Thanks again everyone!

Thread closed
  Find