Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Interesting... i'm happy for you, PowerPanda! Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(08-08-2019, 04:27 AM)Subtraction Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 03:14 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: it might be interesting if Beyond Chaos would work with this one

The latest version of Beyond Chaos EX (https://github.com/subtractionsoup/beyon.../tag/3.1.4) does! Use the secret code "thescenarionottaken" and it'll apply this patch and make it work properly with the randomization.

Your route changes are so good they got canonized in the randomizer!  Congrats PowerPanda!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(08-08-2019, 04:27 AM)Subtraction Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 03:14 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: it might be interesting if Beyond Chaos would work with this one

The latest version of Beyond Chaos EX (https://github.com/subtractionsoup/beyon.../tag/3.1.4) does! Use the secret code "thescenarionottaken" and it'll apply this patch and make it work properly with the randomization.

Wow! I'm incredibly flattered!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I had a quick go at applying this patch over Brave New World 2.0 ( http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/foru...new-world/ )

There were issues with many of the battle scripts and some of the triggers, only some of which I could easily correct, but I got through the Terra / Banon scenario after fixing the Ultros battle ending script, and the Locke scenario up to the interrogation room, where Celes mysteriously disappeared, and unfortunately encountered a softlock upon entering the Imperial camp in the Doma scenario. I discussed a bit in the BNW discord and @Synchisi chimed in saying help might be on the way. Hoping this can be included as an optional patch in the official distribution as BNW is the new default version of FF6 in my opinion and many others' and once I played Divergent Paths I felt it was the new default version of that part of the story as well and they simply belong together.

That also raises the question in my mind of whether you'd consider basing the complete Divergent Paths hack on BNW instead of or in addition to vanilla FF6. I think benefitting from all the improvements there makes a lot of sense, and doing so would bring the world closer to having a truly complete version of this game.
  Find

Status
None
I am not planning to port to BNW. Anyone is welcome to do so though. All of the event changes are "self-contained", which is to say they fit completely within the event space of the original 3 scenarios. Copy-pasting the hex should be all that's needed, along with a handful of map edits, which unfortunately don't play well with other patches due to the compression algorithm.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
@PowerPanda
Thankee!

What were your main inspirations for this mod? How well does it combine with Brave New World/Beyond Chaos Randomizer?
  Find

Status
None
When I was originally planning out the full Divergent Paths, I realized that there were 2 problems:
1. The game had no storyline changes until the dinner with Gesthal 10 hours in, so players might get bored and give up before making it that far.
2. In order to make Banon's death more of a gut punch, the player just needed to spend more time with him. The place where he is in your party was during the 3 scenarios, so I started looking into that section of the game.

From there, it was just a way of maximizing the story potential. Edgar wouldn't be reunited with his brother, and then just let him wash away in a river. Sabin, the character thrown furthest off-course, has no bearing on the story. He doesn't NEED to get to Narshe. So, having Edgar go with Sabin makes it so that the visit to Doma and getting back to Narshe are both mission-critical. Having Terra and Banon (the 2 most important characters at that point in the story) end up on the Veldt makes it into a big deal that they find their way back. From there, pieces just started falling into place. It made sense that Terra would bring along the orphaned Gau, foreshadowing her character in the WoR. It made sense to have the technophobic Cyan traveling with Edgar. It even made more sense to have Locke take the back-entrance into Narshe in order to smuggle Celes in. Shadow was the only wildcard, and I am really happy with how he turned out.

Changes like that are present in the full Divergent Paths hack too. I think I'll have v0.8 ready to go within the next few weeks, which will include everything up through re-recruiting the characters in the WoR.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
@PowerPanda
Thankee again for making these hacks! I'm looking forward to trying the full one's "1.0" public release!

Once 0.8 is done, what changes remain to make WoR compatible?
  Find

Status
None
The v0.8 will be fully completable, but it will be missing

* a few system changes, such as a hack that limits which items can be used with the genji glove
* The illumina might be dummied out. Still working on that one.
* Leo's backstory will not be given in the Ancient Castle.
* It's possible Kappa won't be ready. I'm having several troubles with her right now. That could also mean Leviathan isn't available, and there is no way to learn the spell Flood.
* The ending scene will be untouched, so Leo will be there in Umaro's place.
* You can recruit several characters for the Falcon. Arvis manages your equipment, Cid restores HP and MP, and fake Siegfried sets up a shop that sells all of Shadow's throwing items. I might include Duncan for switching out commands (exp, Locke can use Mug without a relic equipped), and I might include Lola for a new routine that Optimizes equipment on your party or all characters. Anyway, Cid, Arvis, and Siegfried will just already be on the Falcon. Their recruitment quests won't be done yet.

Projects:
  Find