Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6Tools - Browser-Based ROM Editor

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Interesting and promising project. It seems to work and load maps quickly even on my ancient laptop. The overworld maps don't load at all, though. Maybe it's not implemented yet?
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(01-19-2018, 08:11 PM)Everything Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 09:24 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: I don't know if I'm doing it right, but the only thing I can do is to remove some tiles on Layer 1 or Layer 2, usually the tiles that are considered underneath the PCs and NPCs. I can't move tiles or triggers. I tested it on map #19 (Narshe: South Exterior (intro)).

Which browser are you using? Do you see the tileset on the right hand side of the window?

The 4 layer buttons above the map turn the layers on and off.

The 4 layer buttons above the tileset allow you to switch which layer you are editing.

Also, if you hold shift and click the map it will select the tile that you click. You can also click and drag to select a bunch of tiles.
Aaaaah! You're using fixed width for the 3 main columns, but I have my tabs on the side. Therefore, the third column, containing the tileset, is bumped on the second row... and I just thought the scrollbar was for the map itself. It works perfectly fine! Great job! Smile
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(01-21-2018, 07:37 AM)seibaby Wrote: Interesting and promising project. It seems to work and load maps quickly even on my ancient laptop. The overworld maps don't load at all, though. Maybe it's not implemented yet?

No, the world maps aren't implemented yet. I'll have those working soon.

(01-22-2018, 10:27 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Aaaaah! You're using fixed width for the 3 main columns, but I have my tabs on the side. Therefore, the third column, containing the tileset, is bumped on the second row... and I just thought the scrollbar was for the map itself. It works perfectly fine! Great job! Smile

Good to hear. I'd ultimately like the layout to be similar to www.desmos.com with a resizable list on the left and the other controls floating around on the right.
  Find

Status
None
I've improved some things and added some new features:
  • World maps are now implemented
  • Maps load and scroll more efficiently
  • Added a zoom control
  • Added controls to edit triggers - NPCs aren't fully implemented yet
After I do some more work on triggers I'll probably start working on an event editor.

http://blast.getforge.io/ff6tools.html
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • madsiur (02-14-2018), Tenkarider (02-14-2018), Warrax (02-14-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
This look promising!

Just one or two layout things: when selecting a map (or 1st map selected more precisely), the tileset is at bottom-right of page. Pressing "triggers" will make the tileset go top-right (its intended position?) but the tileset goes over the vertical scroll bar of the map. Also I'm not seeing any trigger edit controls... Tested in latest Firefox and Waterfox (no telemetry Firefox build).
  Find

Status
None
(02-14-2018, 03:15 AM)madsiur Wrote: This look promising!

Just one or two layout things: when selecting a map (or 1st map selected more precisely), the tileset is at bottom-right of page. Pressing "triggers" will make the tileset go top-right (its intended position?) but the tileset goes over the vertical scroll bar of the map. Also I'm not seeing any trigger edit controls... Tested in latest Firefox and Waterfox (no telemetry Firefox build).

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I decided to change the layout from floating to flexbox. That seems to be what people are using these days. I think that should fix the problem. Hopefully I didn't create any new problems in the process. Test it out again when you get a chance and let me know if it's still messed up.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2018, 05:17 PM)Everything Wrote: I decided to change the layout from floating to flexbox. That seems to be what people are using these days.

Yeah I use flexbox for the forums. It's a versatile attribute. It's supported by all browsers (mobile & desktop) and I think even without browser prefix for most of them since 2017. I'll do another test this weekend and report back.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
The bugs are no longer there in both Firefox and Waterfox. I'm assuming you will eventually implement all edit possible to NPC triggers and map properties edit? As for the NPC triggers, if you don't plan on showing the sprites you should use another color than light grey and a small mask because it is kinda hard to see sometimes on the map.
  Find

Status
None
(02-17-2018, 01:14 PM)madsiur Wrote: The bugs are no longer there in both Firefox and Waterfox. I'm assuming you will eventually implement all edit possible to NPC triggers and map properties edit? As for the NPC triggers, if you don't plan on showing the sprites you should use another color than light grey and a small mask because it is kinda hard to see sometimes on the map.

Yeah, eventually I'll make it possible to edit all of the properties. I'll also draw the NPC sprites directly on the map. I've got all that working on the OS X version, it's just a matter of porting it over to JavaScript.
  Find

Status
None
Good news, the browser version of FF6Tools now supports both FF5 and FF6! Maybe I should change the name? The following versions are now supported:
  • FF3 SNES version (USA) v1.0 and v1.1
  • FF6 SFC version (Japan)
  • FF6 GBA version (USA)
  • FF5 SFC version (Japan)
  • FF5 SNES version (RPGe English translation)
ROMs with a 512-byte copier header should load now too. One issue I need to address is that I'm using CRC32 values to determine which ROM is being loaded. So if you edit a ROM and then save it, the CRC32 will be different and you won't be able to open it back up again.

I'm really pleased with the map editor. NPC sprites are shown now (for FF6) and most trigger properties can be edited. I started working on an event editor but it still needs a lot of work so it's not included in this release. If anyone has suggestions of what features they would like to see, please let me know.

I'm thinking about adding support for FF4 too. Now that the framework is in place it shouldn't take too much work.

FF6Tools
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • madsiur (03-17-2018), Tenkarider (03-17-2018)