Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Status
None
Howdy everybody. I'm Mace, also known as "That fat guy," "The hillbilly" and "Oh my god look at how hairy that fatty is!" As far as actual hacking I don't have any real skill in it at all. I haven't yet tried to dip my toes in the water and do anything, I prefer to work more on beta testing other hacks or indie games (Like RPGMaker games) where I can assist people who are actually doing something that I think is good or needs the help.

As for strengths and weaknesses, I'll start with the latter first. My biggest weakness (Especially when it comes to wanting to min-max in FF6) is that I simply am not a low level person. I tend to grind because strangely I find it kind of cathartic, and I guess there's some twisted part of me that enjoys the idea of slaughtering masses of monsters just in order to get enough gold to buy an extra tent ("But...You cleared out the forest? We...We hunted there." "Tough titty, I needed some phoenix downs!").

I think my strength lies in the fact that I have weird compulsions for games, and that translates well into fighting super bosses or completing anything considered "Hard" or "Evil" as long as it isn't insane or ridiculous. I'm by no means an expert but I pride myself in trying to get as few wipes as possible before ending things people believe are unbeatable.

Anyway, that's it for me. Nothing special, and happy to be in what looks to be a damn good community of people who enjoy my favorite in the FF series as much as I do (And even more you weirdos. <.<).

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
People who're new with no hacking skill are more than welcome! It means us hackers can get another perspective on our art, a less analytically perspective.

Have you fought some of my more difficult super bosses and beat them yet?
Omega MKIV, Emerald Weapon, Proto-Babil?
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Welcome to FF6 hacking, it's nice to get a new member who likes testplaying.

If you're interested, I have some severely unfinished work I could use a quick bug-testing play for.

Status
None
Omega Weapon/Seiryuu in both SNES and their GBA equivalent, the "superbosses" in FF1A. Emerald weapon, Brachiadorus or whatever (Though I told Zeemis the cheesy way of doing it), and some super bosses in non-console games (There are a couple in Tales of the Drunken Paladin which I've beaten a few times that were really interesting).

As for anything that needs testing, shoot me a PM with the info and I'll get on it.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Glad to have you here, Mace! Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(07-08-2011, 12:51 PM)Mace Wrote: Omega Weapon/Seiryuu in both SNES and their GBA equivalent, the "superbosses" in FF1A. Emerald weapon, Brachiadorus or whatever (Though I told Zeemis the cheesy way of doing it), and some super bosses in non-console games (There are a couple in Tales of the Drunken Paladin which I've beaten a few times that were really interesting).

As for anything that needs testing, shoot me a PM with the info and I'll get on it.

I mean these Mace:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbxSGcJPq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6aIVqFgoQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ9_jNwOwY0
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
welcome and its nice to have you

we are more then willing to help you out along the way

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Welcome! It's great to have you on board!
(09-26-2011, 09:15 PM)StrungOut Wrote: I'm studying programming at college
I knew it, only someone that studies programming languages takes a shot at hex editing in his first day of hacking :p. People usually try editing easier things at the start. You must be quite smart.

(09-26-2011, 09:15 PM)StrungOut Wrote: I would like first to change the structure of the game (abilities, exp learning curve, having 15 playable characters, more than 255 items available, creating/editing events, the 9999 damage cap, etc...
I can help you whenever you need to create a new event or just edit a plain (vanilla) old one. The Nattak can also help with new events. BTW, there's a patch out there that already lets you get past through the 9999 damage cap.

Status
None
Hi guys, name's Ryan. Just wanted to fill you in on kinda my purpose for joining. You see, while im not the WORST graphical editor in the world, I'm not the best either. Honestly, my forte is writing. That being said, it has been a "fantasy" of mine to write a plot for a chapter in the Final Fantasy series. Now, as you might expect, it's not particularly easy to become a writer for a big foreign company like Square Enix. Especially when you don't read Japanese. Haha. I had hoped my talents would be better geared toward helping people such as yourselves, hackers of the series, with their more detailed hacks. I can write up a more "realistic" script for your hacks and fill your concept storylines with life that some of you may not have quite the ability to incorporate. I certainly hope that I can put myself to use amongst this community, as I am very passionate about writing, especially in the world of Final Fantasy. Thanks for your time.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Now that's a rare talent to have around the site. You probably have some ideas yourself and you must've worked on some scripts on your own...We'd love to see something you work anytime Laugh