Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Version 1.1.0 is up.

In particular, watch for bugs with the genji glove menu change, and please send me a save state if you come across any weirdness. The most likely things to occur are weapons/shields that show up white yet can't be equipped, or that show up gray yet can be equipped.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
-=1.1=-

This is my weirdness update! I used Sabin/Terra/Strago/Relm to kill the Brown Dragon. I switch party members to Strago/Cyan/Relm/Gau and unequipped those in my party. I went to the Relic screen for those who weren't in my party when I installed this patch (they had 0 Relics equipped) and the entire Relic selection was gray. I could equip the stuff, but it didn't show the stat differences on the right as normal. This seemed to clear up after I equipped the first Relic. I reproduced it on Cyan and Gau, but not after removing the Relics and reequipping. (Removing and reequipping worked fine.)
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the report. It never even occurred to me to check the relic lists. The section of code I was working with referenced the left and right hands of the character often, which made me figure relics were handled elsewhere.

Anyway, 1.1.1 is up, which should fix that problem.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
hey when i updated the hack on my psp it currupted my file can this be fixed or do i just need to start over ?
\
  Find

Status
None
As long as your save is intact, there's no reason to start over. Just try patching a fresh ROM.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
-1.1.1-

1: After I save Shadow and return to Thamasa, I talk to him from the left side of the bed. He turns to the right, as if to face me. Can you fix that? (I assume this also happens I save Relm from the Cave on the Veldt if I didn't pick up Shadow.)

2: Regarding Frozen status and Relics, can you check to see if a character specifically has a Ribbon equipped then make him immune to Frozen or immediately undo the Frozen condition?

3: If I'm on the Veldt and Gau is in my party is there any way to preferentially generate fights for Rages that Gau doesn't know? If so, I'd likey.

4: Should Terra be able to dual wield an Atma Weapon and a Rising Sun?

5: Should Shadow be able to dual wield a Samurai sword (Murasame, etc) and a dagger?

6: I gave Edgar a Dragoon Seal, yet he doesn't always Jump in the arena! (He attacks normally when he should only be able to Jump or use tools or magic.) Rar!

7: If I win an arena match, can I get some money, too? Those inn stays won't pay for themselves! (Let's say 500G per win at minimum.)

8: I have an item with a totally blank name from a previous patch. It seemingly does nothing. Is that the old 'Nothing!' item?

9: What's a Slim Jim do in this game?

10: Do y'all have a Colliseum fight chart handy? (Bet this, fight this, win this.)

11: When I entered Kefka's Tower without Locke (but with everyone else), I got a message that didn't look English.

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00059.png]

12: The "Unequip everyone outside my party" doesn't apply to Umaro's Relics. Should fix.

13: What does the Rage Belt Relic really do? (Its in-game description is a buncha question marks. I'm interested in a thorough explanation.)

14: Shadow... still seems weak! He has 368ish battle power and his physical attacks from the back row are hitting for about 150 each while other physical attacks in the back row are hitting for much more! His magic ain't that great either. And his max HP is the lowest or second lowest of my team. Did I just get a gimp character?

15: Can a Zephyr Cape activate is Shell/Safe more than once per fight? It seems like it should. (Would help much on bosses after reviving via Phoenix Down.)

16: Why does Runic work only on the first Runicable ability per round instead of all of them?

17: The Fenrir summon sets Regen, but doesn't do the initial splash of HP cure like the Regen and RegenX spells do. Can we fix that?

18: Why is he called AtmaWeapon the first time and just Atma the second?

19: During the Inferno fight, Setzer rolled Bar/Bar/Bar and activated Air Raid. After landing, he turned invisible. (He was in the bottom slot, back row.) When I had him use Slot again, it looked like he stepped in from the right side of the screen, used Slot, then went back. He was still hurtable and targetable though.

20: During the Inferno fight, Gogo suddenly went very slowly for a long time. Also, Inferno has way too much health! He's not that threatening, but probably has 200K HP or thereabouts. That's quite a long time for Gogo/Strago/Relm/Setzer to hit him, heal, and repeat. With more Flares and Black Omens and Meteors than I can count. I finally did kill him, but he does not deserve to be a 45 minute fight! (Really, cut down his HP. By a lot!)
  Find

Status
None
(06-25-2013, 05:32 AM)Endarire Wrote: 1: After I save Shadow and return to Thamasa, I talk to him from the left side of the bed. He turns to the right, as if to face me. Can you fix that? (I assume this also happens I save Relm from the Cave on the Veldt if I didn't pick up Shadow.)

I can, but I don't know if I will. It's purely aesthetic, and I prefer not to expand events if I can help it.

Quote:2: Regarding Frozen status and Relics, can you check to see if a character specifically has a Ribbon equipped then make him immune to Frozen or immediately undo the Frozen condition?

Probably, but this would be a more roundabout and less efficient solution.

Quote:3: If I'm on the Veldt and Gau is in my party is there any way to preferentially generate fights for Rages that Gau doesn't know? If so, I'd likey.

"Anything is possible, given hardware limitations."

As for this issue specifically, there's probably no easy way to do it. I imagine it would involve re-writing significant portions of the random encounter routine.

Quote:4: Should Terra be able to dual wield an Atma Weapon and a Rising Sun?

5: Should Shadow be able to dual wield a Samurai sword (Murasame, etc) and a dagger?

Yes and yes. Any weapon where you see "2nd weapon" in the description is usable with any other weapon. The exception to this is spears, which can only be used with a shield in the off-hand.

Quote:6: I gave Edgar a Dragoon Seal, yet he doesn't always Jump in the arena! (He attacks normally when he should only be able to Jump or use tools or magic.) Rar!

Anytime a character's actions become automated, they are given Fight as a fifth command, probably to ensure they always have something to do.

Quote:7: If I win an arena match, can I get some money, too? Those inn stays won't pay for themselves! (Let's say 500G per win at minimum.)

Characters get healed when they're chosen for coliseum battles anyway. No need to hit the inn between fights.

Quote:8: I have an item with a totally blank name from a previous patch. It seemingly does nothing. Is that the old 'Nothing!' item?

You really shouldn't have either one of these, I don't think. Where did you get them?

Quote:10: Do y'all have a Colliseum fight chart handy? (Bet this, fight this, win this.)

There's one in the Unlockme archive. BTB and I discussed whether to release it to the public, but I forget what we ultimately decided.

Quote:11: When I entered Kefka's Tower without Locke (but with everyone else), I got a message that didn't look English.

It's Italian. It's actually a rather famous line from Dante's Inferno.

Quote:12: The "Unequip everyone outside my party" doesn't apply to Umaro's Relics. Should fix.

I'll look into this.

Quote:13: What does the Rage Belt Relic really do? (Its in-game description is a buncha question marks. I'm interested in a thorough explanation.)

It's the old Rage Ring. It gives Umaro the "Throw Allies" attack, as well as boosts physical damage by 25%.

It also grants resistance to some element. I forget which one.

Quote:14: Shadow... still seems weak! He has 368ish battle power and his physical attacks from the back row are hitting for about 150 each while other physical attacks in the back row are hitting for much more! His magic ain't that great either. And his max HP is the lowest or second lowest of my team. Did I just get a gimp character?

Shadow is very much a support character. He can put out some impressive damage when he nails a weakness with his scrolls, but if you're expecting consistent physical damage output on par with Cyan or Locke, you'll be disappointed.

That said, we realize he's one of the weaker characters. He's very gear-dependent (like Locke) with a fairly average selection (unlike Locke). Still, many players have used to him to great effect, utilizing his speed and his range of support spells, as well as his Regen spell; being that he gets stamina and speed boosts, his Regen can end up being a remarkable life-saver.

Quote:15: Can a Zephyr Cape activate is Shell/Safe more than once per fight? It seems like it should. (Would help much on bosses after reviving via Phoenix Down.)

I don't see why it shouldn't.

Quote:16: Why does Runic work only on the first Runicable ability per round instead of all of them?

Because no one's been able to convince me that persistent Runic is anything but massively overpowered. Sweat

Also, bear in mind that there are no global combat rounds in the FF6 battle system. Having Runic persist for a "round" essentially means it will persist until Celes enters her ready stance again, meaning it could last for the entire battle if you did nothing else with her after activating Runic.

Quote:17: The Fenrir summon sets Regen, but doesn't do the initial splash of HP cure like the Regen and RegenX spells do. Can we fix that?

Fenrir's just a status esper. I think there are enough espers that heal the party.

Quote:18: Why is he called AtmaWeapon the first time and just Atma the second?

They're two different beings.

Quote:19: During the Inferno fight, Setzer rolled Bar/Bar/Bar and activated Air Raid. After landing, he turned invisible. (He was in the bottom slot, back row.) When I had him use Slot again, it looked like he stepped in from the right side of the screen, used Slot, then went back. He was still hurtable and targetable though.

Palidor is an extremely buggy summon. Weird things tend to happen with it.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
Quote:1: After I save Shadow and return to Thamasa, I talk to him from the left side of the bed. He turns to the right, as if to face me. Can you fix that? (I assume this also happens I save Relm from the Cave on the Veldt if I didn't pick up Shadow.)

There are several instances of this throughout the game. For example, the Old Man on the Veldt will only speak to you from the front, as will Arvis just before Terra is named.

It was to do with the fact that speaking with these NPCs instigates an event that requires the player to be standing in a certain area (that said, I'm not sure why Relm/Shadow at Thamasa do this).

Quote:2: Regarding Frozen status and Relics, can you check to see if a character specifically has a Ribbon equipped then make him immune to Frozen or immediately undo the Frozen condition?

The problem is that the game doesn't treat Frozen as a normal status, which makes it very hard for us to work with.

Quote:3: If I'm on the Veldt and Gau is in my party is there any way to preferentially generate fights for Rages that Gau doesn't know? If so, I'd likey.

I went to every possible length that I could to ensure that none of Gau's rages were hard to come across on the Veldt. At worst, you have a 1 in 3 chance of encountering a specific enemy every 32 (I think) encounters.

Quote:8: I have an item with a totally blank name from a previous patch. It seemingly does nothing. Is that the old 'Nothing!' item?

I'm guessing you got those from one of our broken patches (1.0.4, probably) as neither of those items are actually in the game.

Quote:
Quote:13: What does the Rage Belt Relic really do? (Its in-game description is a buncha question marks. I'm interested in a thorough explanation.)

It's the old Rage Ring. It gives Umaro the "Throw Allies" attack, as well as boosts physical damage by 25%.

It also grants resistance to some element. I forget which one.

Lightning.

Quote:14: Shadow... still seems weak! He has 368ish battle power and his physical attacks from the back row are hitting for about 150 each while other physical attacks in the back row are hitting for much more! His magic ain't that great either. And his max HP is the lowest or second lowest of my team. Did I just get a gimp character?

My Shadow was rocking pretty hard in my last playthrough. I took him to Narshe with the Rogue Cloak and a pile of Fire Scrolls and he pretty much cleaned house. He was also one of my MVPs in Kefka's Tower since I'd stocked up on Ninjatos for him to toss at bosses (which is to say nothing of Ninja Stars).

Quote:
Quote:16: Why does Runic work only on the first Runicable ability per round instead of all of them?

Because no one's been able to convince me that persistent Runic is anything but massively overpowered. Sweat

Runic is something else that I've utilized to some very great effect in my most recent runs through the game. There's a few boss fights in particular I'm not sure I'd won if I *hadn't* had my Celes Runic'ing.

Quote:17: The Fenrir summon sets Regen, but doesn't do the initial splash of HP cure like the Regen and RegenX spells do. Can we fix that?

Fenrir setting Regen is partly a flavor thing (since the Regen spell felt a bit misplaced on it), and partly to make summoning it a very useful way to start out any boss battle.

Quote:18: Why is he called AtmaWeapon the first time and just Atma the second?

Atma Weapon just wasn't quite himself any more once he got brought back from the dark world...

Threads: 0
Status
None
Huh. Dual wielding Gogo with Daryl's Soul raging Dragon is... fun. Hurtmore hitting 4 times per round does some damage. It's a neat little minigame just throwing random stuff on him and seeing what happens; he's another one that I almost never use in the base game. My Shadow's doing pretty well. He sits in the front row comfortably with 80+ evade and 60ish magic evade plus decent defenses, does decent damage, especially when his knives hit weaknesses, and has decent utility and some healing. If I put money into buying things for him to throw he could do quite well, but as he is he's not dead weight. On the topic of money, you guys were right about me having upgrades to buy and chests with cool things in them. WoR chests are a complete 180 from WoB chests. Almost every one is something cool and worth going out of your way for. I just wish there was a bit more of that in the WoB ones. Still having a lot of fun with this and I'm looking forward to beating it and getting the Unlockme code to see what I've missed.

Also, Gau's dad has a typo in his dialog when talking to Sabin in the WoR (sorry I don't remember what it was exactly, but it may have been in all caps) and Odin's description has a typo ("Uncoutnerable"). I'm still on 1.0.7, so if these have been fixed ignore me! I'm going to update my ROM tonight.

Also also, if other people are making requests, I may as well throw in mine. They're purely for convenience, so feel free to ignore them or spurn me viciously for suggesting them! First: It seems like Gau's Rage list in the out of battle menu is still large enough to contain all of the rages that aren't in the mod. Is there a way to compact it like the Lore list so I know how many I'm actually missing without looking at the Printme?
Second: Why do the spells in the in-battle Magic list move around? I've noticed it mainly on Relm, but that might be because I keep going for Osmose and it keeps changing columns. It might be that the magic list expands as characters learn new spells for the first time (essentially building Gogo's possible spells list), but it's a little odd.
Third: Gau being able to equip Umaro's relics is a little odd, although I guess they do give elemental resistances so that could be useful. I had the Rage Belt on him for a good hour and a half thinking it would do something like changing the probabilities of which rage moves he'd use or make him better when he raged or something before I realized it was probably meant for Umaro. I'm not sure if I'm actually asking for him to not be able to use them, but something seems a little off, so I figured I'd bring it up.
Like I said, not high priority things.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: Huh. Dual wielding Gogo with Daryl's Soul raging Dragon is... fun. Hurtmore hitting 4 times per round does some damage. It's a neat little minigame just throwing random stuff on him and seeing what happens; he's another one that I almost never use in the base game.

We've heard a lot back from people doing crazy shit with Gogo. Interestingly, we expected people to take a completely different tack with him altogether.

(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: Still having a lot of fun with this and I'm looking forward to beating it and getting the Unlockme code to see what I've missed.

You may be a bit disappointed, since a lot of what's in the Unlockme is still unfinished. I'll probably start working on it again this weekend when I'm at work.

(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: Also, Gau's dad has a typo in his dialog when talking to Sabin in the WoR (sorry I don't remember what it was exactly, but it may have been in all caps) and Odin's description has a typo ("Uncoutnerable"). I'm still on 1.0.7, so if these have been fixed ignore me! I'm going to update my ROM tonight.

I believe both of these have been fixed.

(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: First: It seems like Gau's Rage list in the out of battle menu is still large enough to contain all of the rages that aren't in the mod. Is there a way to compact it like the Lore list so I know how many I'm actually missing without looking at the Printme?

I wish. The fact that they're even alphabetized at all was an absolute last-minute addition before the mod's public release.

(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: Second: Why do the spells in the in-battle Magic list move around? I've noticed it mainly on Relm, but that might be because I keep going for Osmose and it keeps changing columns. It might be that the magic list expands as characters learn new spells for the first time (essentially building Gogo's possible spells list), but it's a little odd.

Magic has always behaved this way. It's probably more noticeable with the mod due to the restricted spell lists.

(06-25-2013, 08:11 PM)Bluerobin Wrote: Third: Gau being able to equip Umaro's relics is a little odd, although I guess they do give elemental resistances so that could be useful. I had the Rage Belt on him for a good hour and a half thinking it would do something like changing the probabilities of which rage moves he'd use or make him better when he raged or something before I realized it was probably meant for Umaro. I'm not sure if I'm actually asking for him to not be able to use them, but something seems a little off, so I figured I'd bring it up.

I let Gau equip them because I didn't want two rare items that trade back and forth for each other at the Colosseum to be essentially worthless if you weren't using who we still consider to be the game's worst character.