Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Wiki Discussion

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...ackgrounds

There's misinformation on this page regarding background $32 (or rather, the information is now out-of-date).

I've learned (the hard way) that Background $32 is used to draw the Phantom Train enemy, so it's table entry should be updated from "Unused".
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Does that suggest $31 isn't unused then? I overwrite that background for my Aquatic Caves hack.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
Moog
I haven't run into any problems with $31 being changed (I too use your underwater cave patch). But when I changed $32 to a stationary minecart scene, I later found the Phantom Train was blorked (it was drawing the girders at the back of the minecart scene). Reverting the pointer change on $32 fixed the glitch, which indicates that pointer is intended to tell the game which tiles to use for the train enemy since it draws from background graphics.

Though come to think of it... I was having enemy OAM tear during the minecart scenario, which is what prompted me to change $32 to a non-scrolling version in the first place. The tearing also corrupted the world map for a while, specifically while riding a chocobo between the minecart scene and the end of the world. It's possible that issue was caused by changes to $31 or a combination of background and enemy graphic changes; you might want to test that area carefully.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I have $31 changed, and didn't have any problems with the Minecart or Chocobos. I WAS having graphical issues with the Chardanook fight, where it constantly switches between the good and evil paintings. The alternate painting would draw over the top of my command box for a few frames right before it faded in. I am playing on a 3DS emulator that sometimes has trouble keeping up with the SNES though, so I chocked it up to emulator issues.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
Moog
(05-08-2020, 11:23 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: I WAS having graphical issues with the Chardanook fight, where it constantly switches between the good and evil paintings.

That might actually be a monster script issue.  Chardanook likes to get overwritten by FF3USME if you free up a lot of monster script space and then fill it again.  You can fix it by opening a clean version of FF6, exporting Chardanook's two scripts, and then importing them again in your ROM.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • PowerPanda (05-09-2020)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-08-2020, 08:10 PM)C-Dude Wrote: There's misinformation on this page regarding background $32 (or rather, the information is now out-of-date).

I've learned (the hard way) that Background $32 is used to draw the Phantom Train enemy, so it's table entry should be updated from "Unused".

Thanks for pointing it out. It's a wiki though so anyone who has a wiki account can change it. I don't mind making the change, but I also like to point out that anyone wanting to make changes to existing pages can do it.
  Find

Status
Moog
(05-09-2020, 10:36 AM)madsiur Wrote: It's a wiki though so anyone who has a wiki account can change it.

Oh, it's a separate account?  I tried to log in with my forum credentials and it wouldn't let me, so I thought it was an administrator thing or something.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-09-2020, 01:25 PM)C-Dude Wrote: Oh, it's a separate account?  I tried to log in with my forum credentials and it wouldn't let me, so I thought it was an administrator thing or something.

Yes it's a separate account. I made account for those that were active on the forums when we created the wiki, but any new forum user created after that time must manually register a wiki account if they want to participate. There is no MyBB/Dokuwiki bridge wiki plugin so there isn't much I can do regarding this unless I make one from scratch.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • C-Dude (05-09-2020)

Status
Moog
Thank you for the information. A separate account isn't a problem (I'll register one now), I was just mistaken in the scope of the connection between forum and wiki. Sometimes they're tied together with one account and sometimes they have use restrictions. I should have asked, that was my bad.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I had to revert the wiki template back to the default one. With the last wiki release that I updated to today, the menus expansion in the bootstrap3 template no longer work correctly. This is a problem with the template so I'll wait for a template fix that can work with the current wiki version before switching back to bootstrap3. There might be workarounds for this situation as well that could make the bootstrap3 template work correctly without waiting for a new template version, but it will take some time to test on my side.

So right now some page might look weird, like some having image galleries, but I'll work in the next days to enable bootstrap3 template again.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Abel.Emporia (09-09-2020), C-Dude (07-06-2020)