Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wiki Discussion

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm just opening a thread for wiki discussion to better coordinate our efforts and not step on each other toes.

+1 to Lockirby for starting the FAQ. Victory

My personal opinion is that  it should be a place to answer the most common questions with an overview of some aspect of hacking the game, such as the most useful editors/utilities.

What I'll try to come up with today:

- Complete Utility page, including more obscure ones.
- Document page
- Tentative table of content for the FF3us page.

I'll also try to help with the FAQ.

Edit: As for the FF6A section, I imagine it will be a lot smaller section that could have his own FAQ and ROM map. We could also list the utilities good for GBA graphics or ARM. Any aspect that is identical to the SNES counterpart could be only linked in the FAQ I imagine. In any case, no need to rush anything, I can live with an empty section for a few weeks Tongue
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
So following Lockirby recommendation, the main FF3us page is now a giant Tree. Thanks to Hatzen8 for ROM & RAM maps pages!
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:Thanks to Hatzen8 for ROM & RAM maps pages!

To be fair, i only uploaded the ram map. Based on the log of recent changes of the wiki, I believe the rom map was uploaded by everything (user name).
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Just a reminder for those who are unfamiliar with namespace, when you create a page make sure it is in the proper namespace. If you create a link, you set it directly in the link. You can create new namespace just by linking it:

[[ff3:ff3us:util:hex:windhex|Windex]] (creates the windhex page in ff3 > ff3us > util > hex).
[[ff6a:hacks:complete:rotds2|RotDS 2]] (creates the rotds2 page in ff6a > hacks > complete. Right now only ff6a exists so two namespace are created here, "hacks" and "complete").

You can look at the table of content by editing the main ff3us Table of Content to see the planned namespace I've made yesterday . Only those who have content appear on the sitemap (top right corner of screen).

I also modified the breadcum to be hierarchical as well so you know where you are:

[Image: 7OoJKn1.png]

In any case, if you put a page in the wrong namespace, an admin can move it to its proper place. A few notes:

"general" namespace is for things that don't really apply specifically to a game (things like events can be in ff3us even if they are the same in ff6a, we can link the ff3us page later).

"rh" is for general rom hacking (a general hex editor tutorial could fit here, though I'll probably merge this namespace with the "general" one).

"playground" is for experiments (for newbies).
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, I realized some of this yesterday after I had already made the pages, but I wasn't able to change anything.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
How the discussion system works in the wiki? I did a small update in Item Data Format. There were comments about the page in the discussion system but they vanished after i did the update of the price fields.

I believe the comments about a page vanish after any update on the page, even if they are minor updates unrelated to the discussion. Please, can someone confirm it? If it is true, is it possible to update the page without erasing the comments? It was not my intention to delete them.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-01-2016, 03:15 AM)HatZen08 Wrote: I believe the comments about a page vanish after any update on the page, even if they are minor updates unrelated to the discussion. Please, can someone confirm it? If it is true, is it possible to update the page without erasing the comments? It was not my intention to delete them.

I will check this tomorrow. Maybe there's an option to keep them after a change or maybe it is a bug. It will need some investigative since the discussion feature is a plugin. I'll report back.

On an unrelated note, I made a gallery test: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...onster:ff6

A few things to note (try edit the page to see how a gallery is set up):

- Don't use the nochache argument when creating a gallery. This make images not load in totality and can lead to unresponsive page.

- The more lengthy is a filename, the less images you can fit per page. With regular filenames (3-15 letters), you can fit roughly 5x 64x64 thumbnails per row. Exceeding the available space for a row by either setting too big thumbnails, lengthy-lengthy filenames or too much images per row will result in an unresponsive page and changes need to be reverted.

- Uploading JPGs would allow to edit the image metadata (shorter/custom name, description, etc...). Uploading anything else has no metadata and you are stuck with no description or image title other than filename.

For more info on the gallery plugin: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:gallery

Default settings:

Thumbnails: 64x64
images per row: 5
Sorting: EXIF title (filename for anything else than JPG)
Options (arguments): cache, showtitle and direct are enabled by default.

Edit: images upload can be done via the media manager or the edit page (for multiple images media manager is better). Do not upload more than ~150 images at a time (well 300 doesn't work) or the media manager will become unresponsive. This whole process made me swear a lot tonight but I think all those recommendation will make future galleries creation smoother.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-01-2016, 03:15 AM)HatZen08 Wrote: I believe the comments about a page vanish after any update on the page, even if they are minor updates unrelated to the discussion. Please, can someone confirm it?

They did vanished. However, they are back. By installing the discussion plugin, I allowed discussion in all ff3 and ff6a namespaces. Inserting ~~DISCUSSION~~ at the bottom of the edited page will put back the discussion feature, with previous comments if any. I'm not sure if editing a page makes them disappear or you deleted ~~DISCUSSION~~ by mistake or there is none on inserted when the plugin is installed and editing removes the feature.

For more info on the plugin, check this link: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:discussion

I will also update eventually the list of plugin, at least those who concern enhancements like more syntax options and that can be used by users.

The list is accessible from the start page: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...:explugins
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • HatZen08 (03-01-2016)

Status
Tissue-aware
I updated the plugin page. Installed plugins are described there. They are useful for extra syntax markups. It's a direct copy/paste from their respective external wiki pages:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...:explugins

Edit: unreleated but if you want no TOC on a page, just add ~~NOTOC~~ on top of page.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've installed a plugin that can play mp3s on the wiki page. You can always link a hosted mp3 that will be played by the browser in another window but now you can have a single file player. You can have as many as you want in one page. For an example, see this page or refer to the plugin page.

I was unable to play WAV file with the plugin, it seems only the mp3 format is supported.
  Find