Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Don't worry about the 'Bad ROM' actually, that the emulator reports. After doing any basic modification ZSNES will report that when starting the ROM. As far as I can tell, Bad ROM just means it's been altered/hacked.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Ah, okay.

Well, patched everything, runs okay. For now.

I didn't add the Lion Armlet thing - I'm thinking at this point it'd be easier to do it from scratch, as I may want to keep Gil Toss in and don't want any items at Leo's grave. Instead, I'm gonna turn the Thief Glove (or whichever it is that turns Steal into Capture) into the "Tools -> Steal" relic. I'll try and figure out how to do that on my own and post in about 10 minutes when I fail miserably.

EDIT - Yup, no clue. Looked for the address in the linked thread for the Thief Glove (I'm using WindHex now) and no.

EDIT 2 - $#@*! derp. I misread the 5 as a 2. Okay, found the stuff I'm looking for, gonna try. I've made a back-up of the Rom so yay.

EDIT 3 - Found the data, made the changes, when into the Rom editor to give Locke Tools instead of Steal. But in-game he still has Steal and the game crashes when he tries to do so. A check with an unmodified rom has the same problem - Changing Locke's Steal to Tools in the editor just isn't working. It's nothing with Hex that I did.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hmm, glad you got that far at least. I now see Tools is not on that list of commands to change to & from (obviously), so I'm not entirely sure that will work, but I'd imagine it might. Have you inputed the Tools command byte (byte $9) for Steal (byte $5) on that list? In both the C2 and C3.

This should work:
change...

C2/5452: 05 (Steal)
C2/5457: 06 (Capture)
and
C3/6198: 05 (Steal)
C3/619D: 06 (Capture)

to...

C2/5452: 09 (Tools)
C2/5457: 05 (Steal)
and
C3/6198: 09 (Tools)
C3/619D: 05 (Steal)

So the 5 and 6, become 9 and 5 - Steal>Capture, becomes Tools>Steal.

And then have the Capture flag enabled for the Relic in FF3usME.
This should work I think, but if not, then there might be some other table or pointer that needs to be changed, in order to get Tools added as a possible skill swap instead of Steal.

Status
None
(01-23-2016, 10:31 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Hmm, glad you got that far at least. I now see Tools is not on that list of commands to change to & from (obviously), so I'm not entirely sure that will work, but I'd imagine it might. Have you inputed the Tools command byte (byte $9) for Steal (byte $5) on that list? In both the C2 and C3.

This should work:
change...

C2/5452: 05   (Steal)
C2/5457: 06   (Capture)
and
C3/6198: 05       (Steal)
C3/619D: 06       (Capture)

to...

C2/5452: 09   (Tools)  
C2/5457: 05   (Steal)
and
C3/6198: 09       (Tools)
C3/619D: 05       (Steal)

So the 5 and 6, become 9 and 5 - Steal>Capture, becomes Tools>Steal.

And then have the Capture flag enabled for the Relic in FF3usME.
This should work I think, but if not, then there might be some other table or pointer that needs to be changed, in order to get Tools added as a possible skill swap instead of Steal.

Yup, had it exactly as you said, along with changing the Thief Glove bit. Again, the game doesn't even care if I have the Relic equipped on Locke or not - his base special command remains Steal, and it crashes the game when I try to use it. Having the relic equipped still makes it crash.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hmm, well shoot. I'll try and think of something, I can look more into it in a bit.

Status
None
I just tried the Dance patch on a rom with no Hex editing

It crashed.

Some sort of patch or something I don't know even I'm just gonna go into a corner and cry now.

EDIT - On a lark, tried a past version with fewer patches. Works fine. Helps narrow it down at least.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
You mean it isn't compatible with one of the others you've patched thus far?
I don't think the dance patch should conflict with any of the one's you've listed, unless it was indeed not patched to the right one (header or not) after all. It's hard for me to say because I can't be sure. Patching is a b*t*h sometimes.
The dance one is for a header (I think), I'm sure you saw that though. If your ROM was headered than I'd say it is indeed one of the other patched you've used that is causing this crash.

As for the whole command swap thing... I realized you need to check out a character with Tools, not Steal lol... Because it changes Tools to Steal, not Steal to Tools. Duh me.

Status
None
Yes, I know. I changed Locke's Steal to Tools in the editor, but it's still Steal in-game.

As for the patches - it's the "Functional Umaro" patch. Applied it to a copy of the original rom with no patches, game crashed.

It's not a big deal though, I'm cool to just leave Umaro a berserker.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ahh, gotcha.

As for Umaro patch, how did it crash exactly? You mean Umaro wasn't even in the party and it crashes in battle?

Also: https://web.archive.org/web/201412272106...flict.html
A tool to check if patches conflict.

Status
None
Yup, no party with Umaro, crashed the battle.

As for patches, applied it to the ones I'm using. Doesn't look like there's a conflict to me.

Quote:All occupied space

Patches:
StepDance10.ips
Address: 0x2197D - 0x2198D
--
Patches:
VANISH.IPS
Address: 0x22415 - 0x22458
--
Patches:
EVADE.IPS
Address: 0x2252D - 0x2252D