Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zone Doctor and FF6LE Expansion

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I modified FF6LE Rogue and ZoneDoctor to increase the amount of NPCs, event triggers and small exits you can have in the game. I also expanded location map data to get rid of the error when you edit a map and try to save it. The zip file contains the modified FF6LE and ZoneDoctor, a asm file that changed code in bank C0 (for NPC pointers/data, small exits pointers/data and location map pointers/data) and a patch that does the same thing plus relocate the data in banks F6 to FB.

You must expand your ROM prior to applying the patch.

[Image: FF3us_1.0_00000_zpsd4hi1krf.png] [Image: events_zpsecvn6f6l.png]

As for treasure, it would involve using free SRAM if we want to expand them. I don't think exits needs to be expanded but I might as well.

Enjoy: https://www.ff6hacking.com/Patches/expansion.zip

Readme:

Code:
Files included
--------------
FF6LE+.exe: The modified built of FF6LE Rogue.
ZONEDOCTOR+.exe: The modified built of ZoneDoctor.
Expansion_h.ips: Relocalization patch for headered ROM.
Expansion_h.log: Log file for Expansion_h.ips
Expansion_nh.ips: Relocalization patch for headeless ROM.
Expansion_nh.log: Log file for Expansion_nh.ips
Expansion.asm: Assembler file that apply relocalization changes without touching the data. Apply with xkas.

Description
-----------
Those two versions of Giangurgolo's editors aims to expand available NPCs, event trigger, small exits and map data.
It relocalize NPC pointers and data, small exits pointers and data as well as location map pointers and data. It does takes a
good amount of space in the expanded ROM but this loss is balanced by the amount of space gained in normal ROM.
You may apply the asm file if you already have a hack in progress. In this case, you'll need to manually
move the data.

New Expanded Data location (maximum space used):
------------------------------------------
040000    042187    DATA    Event Trigger Pointers and Data (Max Expansion)
367200    36CB48    DATA    NPC Pointers and Data (Max Expansion)
36CB50    36F083    DATA    Small Exit Pointers and Data (Max Expansion)
36F084    36FFFF    ---        Free Space
370000    3BFFFF    DATA    Location Map Data/Pointers (Max Expansion)

Giangurgolo's web page: http://home.comcast.net/~giangurgolo/
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Blue Mage Gab (03-09-2015), Catone (02-21-2015), SSJ Rick (02-15-2015), Tenkarider (02-15-2015)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Wow, this is pretty awesome! Gives a lot more room to play with so that we can get one other thing off of our minds.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-15-2015, 06:24 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Wow, this is pretty awesome! Gives a lot more room to play with so that we can get one other thing off of our minds.

Thanks man! I did it for my hack but I might as well share it. I did more testing and I can confirm the NPC data and pointers are saved in the right bank when you add more.The limit is still 30 NPCs per map though and you don't have more appearance bit but that's another story...
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Nice upgrade! I'm sure this will come in handy for many a person.

Finally I'll try to implement a expanded bank for regular maps to allow full map edits.

Looking forward to this one!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Tissue-aware
I doubled possible event triggers. The data is right before the NPC data so nothing needs to be relocated. I updated my first post with new zip file and description.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Well that was fast lol. Nice job sir!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
You seriously rock.
Not sure how to put it any better than that.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(02-15-2015, 05:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Finally I'll try to implement a expanded bank for regular maps to allow full map edits.

Wow, that would be even crazier! Not having to work around space limitations there would make editing these things a lot easier. I had to spend a great deal of time estimating the size of land masses (to avoid going way overboard) and removing things afterwards for Nattak's overworld, and having that part disappear would make it much easier.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote: The patch and asm file are a headerless 1.0 ROM.

Uhm... i always use headered files, how should i do to make match the patch? (is there the chance of seeing also the patch for headered files?)

Quote: As for treasure, it would involve using free SRAM if we want to expand them. I don't think exits needs to be expanded but I might as well. Finally I'll try to implement a expanded bank for regular maps to allow full map edits.

So also Treasures and Exits slots are already full? In that case i'd be really much interested in seeing them expanded as well, for CotG hack...
If all what you mentioned gonna become real... project #3 might start to become feasible...
In any case you're the man! Objection!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-15-2015, 08:36 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Not having to work around space limitations there would make editing these things a lot easier.

I think I got it right. I managed to expand the map data. Only problem is relocating the data takes from F80000 to FC3261, but you get all the free space of the original spot back in bank D9 to DD. I'm thinking of expanding up to FDFFFF so that would leave a great deal of map editing. You could still get an error when you edit tilesets, but I've never encounter that error. I'll do some test tomorrow and probably update the original post tomorrow night.

Remember I'm doing this for my hack, so the free space I'm taking might not work for everyone. I'm not implementing expansion banks like Lord J did for the WOB and WOR maps but instead I move the data to have extra free space after the normal data.
  Find