Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Airship Falcon: Expanded

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
If I recall correctly, nothing stops you from creating object $11 by event if there is $10 objects on the map. You can then assign palette and sprite. The position is set in the action queue. As for the NPC event, command 7A let you change the event. I did this for ROTDS, the NPC limit was reached and I put Shadow in Albrook where you can recruit him. I just hope I remember right....
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
To put it as bluntly as possible, I finally got my head out of my ass and used google...

Anyway, found a thread regarding creation of PCs (as the game does for, say Locke at the begining) it looks to be the list of commands needed. If thats the case could I create say 20 copies of a PC (imp soldier graphic) then run them through the actions like any other premade(in FF6LE) NPC?

The idea is to mutilate the battlefield fight in Narsh with Kefka and co. Would take some space but simple npc to event create (if I'm half correct)and would free up 12 spots. The other option would be the battlefield fight with the moogles (or both). The bonus would be less spot editing, free up as many spots as possible without going all over the place to test.

I'd try it right now but little large of a test while at work. Which is why I'm asking before I get my hopes up on this being a solution.

The information is here... I can see it, I can read it... but hell at this point I cant even make the game crash. The most I did get is a frozen black screen, once, because I had the wrong address put in.

In short, this is kicking my ass to the point I'm not even sure WHAT is doing the kicking. Not giving up by any means but for now I'm not even gonna attempt spawning npcs with events. Based on what I'm getting (well not getting) Im not even in the right library let alone on the correct page of the book.

Back to seeing what I can break elsewhere for now.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Welp, Madsiur fixed the NPC issue with his latest release. So moving forward.

Debating on using Ultros or Seigfreid to replace the guy that removes equipment(I think ultros would be more fun) but with that, and the plan of making the imp a guest character why not Ultros as a guest PC as well?

By using Ultros to remove equipment, this lets me use the old man already on the airship as a shop(via recruiting the old guy from Narsh). Just to elaborate on the idea.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well, the easiest way would be Ultros removing equips and Siegfried as guest, since its sprite is in our database.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
I had originally thought about having to choose one or the other but I dont see Seigfreid signing up as an equipment manager, and while Ultros might make a fun PC... but Im not sure Id want to see Ultros riding a chocobo.

So, Ultros as an equipment manager, recruitable by buying his debt at the colliseum. Seigfreid, a boss battle(I seem to think this has been done but dont think it was for recruitment) to become a guest.Will probably have questions on how to pull that one off when the time comes (the battle part that is)but still have other things to put together first.

It is coming along, but in order for the % complete to go up I have to quit adding to the list.

Find

Status
Atma
Well, the quest to get Siegfried is almost prepared from the game: find the Imposter and teach him a lesson! other details are up to the programmer.

(Probably i'll do something about that also in my hack... )

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
Finished most of the recruiting, and some other stuff:
  • Two Magitek Armor to buy
  • One Magitek Armor to pick up out of the street
  • One Magitek Armor that requires some spelunking
  • Ultros for an equipment manager
  • Imp/Chocobo from Auction
  • Old Man from Narsh WeaponShop to run a shop with basic endgame consumable
  • Expanded Falcon, Main Room.
  • Created/Expanded Falcon, Cargo bay.
Damn, looking at it like that it really doesn't look like I've done much. You have to consider though I only re-did the map about 12 times. Still, I'm finally happy with the look and layout so it was worth it.

To-Do list:
  • Recruit Cid (should be easy)
  • Recruit Maria (... painful)
  • Enable Maria to restore party (Walk in the park compaired to recruiting)
  • Enable Imp to work cargo lift (task hardly worth mention)
  • Enable Chocobo for riding (Issues may arise but shouldn't be to bad)
  • Enable Magitek Armor equip (Da big one!)
  • Enable Imp Robot as guest PC (Should be fun)
  • Decide if Ultros should be a guest PC (Maybe...)
  • Pre-set all pre-used bits as intended (Just have to finalize list of what I've used)
  • Attempt to keep the list from growing (Pfftt, yeah right)
There it is, just for the sake of listing it all out really.

And your right about Siegfried having his quest kinda laid out. To be honest that's something that always kinda bugged me. He's there, he talks about an imposter (which we may or may not have met, have to consider he is kinda Gilgamesh sounding in general. "Imposter" could just be his way of hiding that he's a punk). Still, why? He does absolutely nothing, he don't even populate a main room. He's not even really a filler, there are nameless NPC's that have a bigger role. So, why waste the space trying to make him kinda seem less unimportant than he is? Point: He does need a story.

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
So how is the chocobo going to work exactly? Where exactly is is going to be triggered? Are you planning on having it in the airship and then riding out of the airship like in FF7 (I feel like I recall you saying something about that prior to now)? If so, how are you going to deal with the fact that the chocobo will be accessed while in flight? If the player is over top of water or a mountain, there will be some issues with jumping out of the airship and onto a chocobo.

Nice work so far. This is pretty ambitious.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Keep it on!
On a side note there's also another guy who appeared only once and made me always think: who the hell is this guy?!?

I'm talking about the couple that appears near to the right exit of south figaro(WoR)
they're among trees and when you talk to them, they go away and never reappear in the game... any knowledge about them?

Find

Status
Zombie
For the chocobo I was actually originally planning on just having the dialog for ride do the same as the dialog for "lift off" for the roof. As in take you to flight and set status in the process. That leaves an issue with, what if the player doesnt land afterwards? So, now I'm thinking bit check. As in set a bit through dialog, check it on normal landing, and always clear on opening the airship map.

Problem, that would be way to many bits and checks to do for magitek. (Unless I do full party equip and not individual which I dont really want). But I think that will be handled by allowing "takeoff" from the cargo bay... maybe... to imply your not climbing a ladder to the deck in a tank.

This all riding on the fact that I'm half correct in what can be done. Haven't tried it yet but cant think of anything that would not allow it to work that way.

On the up side, living Cid already has a bit check branch that just jumps to a return. Its like he's just waiting for someone to ask if he wants to be recruited.

And yeah, I never did meet that guy Tenkarider, but wasn't he the start of the old Czar Dragon "hidden" boss rumor from back in the day? Sometimes its almost like they just threw a bunch of random crap in to make us all dig for secrets that never existed. We didnt need extra content back in them days, just give us a dummy sign and let us walk in circles for a few weeks.

Find