Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Multiple questions. I would like to know for a hackgame I want to do.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I know it is possible to make a custom Relic that replaces an ability with another.

I would like to make one to replace possibly Fight or Runic to Sword Magic. A custom ability list.
  • A Custom Ability List (Sword Magic)
    Sword Magic ideas:
    Similar to how elemental weapons play an animation spell somehow exchange current weapon to spell selected in said list. Similar to FFV.

Example: Selecting Fire in list would all the Fire elemental and damage/and do animation for it even though original weapon would not have done so)

Note: List of abilities planned mostly for default elements and learned possibly through progression otherwise has them all at a certain level.

Other thoughts: Instead of replacing either Fight or Runic adding another slot. I doubt this is possible.

• Change pallet color used by sprite at one point.
    My idea is after Terra changes to Esper form. *Learns esper form* Her sprite (I know this is easy for world map view/not sure for in battle view as well) changes from original to her Esper palette. Which make her rather skin color look (Where it looks like her Terra esper form sprite with the colors of green hair and the body being skin colored) I am sure people know what I am talking about. If not I will post some examples / more detail later.

This would be a rather permanent change. This is an idea. Not sure if permanent but I been thinking about a feature like this.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm not entirely certain what you are looking for here, but it sounds like you want to do some rather extensive hacking to try and make a skill like this. Are you trying to recreate something like the mystic knight skillset from FFV? Sadly I'm not certain how you would go about doing that, although it may not be outside the realm of possibilities.

An easier way would be to prepare a set of skills similar to swdtech that will use different elemental attacks. Of course you will need to remove some of the current magic in the game to add more spells or skills.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
I had a similar Idea, in which the Item would change Runic into MagiSwd and then it would randomly cast 1 of 5 different elemental Physical Attacks.

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
For my 1st idea I know I would possibly have to replace like I seen done like replacing Lore magic. I would rather keep Lore magic though. I know this might be possible with EXTENDED ROM. I read you can do it with a program. But some things have to be done manual? Is there a way to get a patch or something for a finished EXTENDED ROM? So that I may be able to add a new List?

As for the 2nd thing. I know it will need manual hack at one point. I read the first time they show is the time it sets there palette's and sprites. So maybe after Terra changes into Esper there be a time I can set her default stuff. Maybe during Zozo.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
You can expand the ROM with FF3usME, which can be found in the Tools section on this site.

As far as creating a new menu-based command, it would probably be rather difficult as the menu-building routines aren't well documented, and probably not well understood (this method requires extensive ASM hacking). It's more doable if you were willing to hijack another menu-based command (like Lore or Tools, though the latter may restrict you to eight abilities).

You'd then have to find or make room in the spell list (again through FF3usME) for all the Sword Magic skills you wanted to implement, bearing in mind that keeping them consecutive makes populating your new menu much easier. If you're teaching the skills via level, you can use the existing level-based learning routines (for Celes' and Terra's natural magic) as a guideline for implementing your own. I haven't looked at it, but it may even be possible to use part of the existing routines for the sake of efficiency.

Either way would require quite a bit of ASM hacking and likely be a considerable time sink.

(09-29-2014, 10:58 PM)Cyprus Wrote: I had a similar Idea, in which the Item would change Runic into MagiSwd and then it would randomly cast 1 of 5 different elemental Physical Attacks.

This, on the other hand, would be much easier to pull off. Something similar was requested a while back dealing with Banon's Health command randomly casting one of the Cure spells, which could be easily modified to do what Cyprus suggested.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2439

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • RPGX_Omega (10-01-2014)

Status
None
Thanks for the information and verification.
  Find