Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster AI Upgrade patch

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-04-2017, 10:20 AM)B-Run Wrote: I'm sure its possible... tho I don't know about fading in and out... but some sort of visual sprite change that doesn't feel totally blunt or abrupt...

I don't think you can fade a pixel on the SNES. Transparency is a color of the palette (color 0 for monsters) and a pixel only has RGB values (5 bits each, remaining bit is unused). There is no way to give it a transparency value like the ARGB format.

However as you said, you could use a "death" animation, a bit like the one Seigfried use on Phantom Train. Easy way is to use this, what is cooler is coding a custom one that is closer to fading!
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Vanish
Yea I know about that, was just looking for a way to do it with a large sprite. In any other case it would be the same as chadarnook but i suppose unless sit ever gets  figured out, it will always be a script I can't write.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
chadarnook and the lady were still fit in a single mould

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Yeah, I think that's what he was saying. He's hoping to be able to change large sprites on the fly during battle.

I'll keep it on the short list.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(08-28-2014, 03:04 PM)B-Run Wrote: General Mechanic changes:
  • 24-bit monster HP patch by cklein0001 (bugfixed by myself)

Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(10-25-2017, 09:05 PM)ExiaTreason Wrote: Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.

I thought I had that fixed. I'll have to look it over if i get a chance. Obviously I can't let this stand. I honestly can't remember what was done, and there's a lot more left to boot, like healing working correctly with the extra byte.
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
(10-25-2017, 09:05 PM)ExiaTreason Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 03:04 PM)B-Run Wrote: General Mechanic changes:
  • 24-bit monster HP patch by cklein0001 (bugfixed by myself)

Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.

I also have this problem. Clean, headered, 1.0 rom without even adding a 3rd byte to the HP yet...
  Find

Threads: 47
Status
None
Found some errors.
The row command no longer work. The character used up their turn but no position was changed.
Checking on not having some status (FC09) on relics or prot from death like Safety Bit does not work. It ignore but still read the next line & execute the attack as if it correctly check the status.
  Find