Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI - Children of Vector

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
(07-05-2016, 09:37 PM)B-Run Wrote: I had to go back and reapply all my updates from before I started making map edits... it was a LOT of updates.

I hate doing that, and I don't even have that many updates to apply.

Quote:he was able to create for me a much more adaptive version of FF6 LE+, that handles my expanded NPCs, Event Squres, Exits, and Map data...

Sounds sexy. Perhaps a patch for that could be released in the future?

BTW, how worried should I get when a new error message appears in ZoneDoctor, but seems to have no visible effect on my work? Should I always fall back to a previous rom?

Also, I've been toying with the idea of a topic/subforum dedicated to hack creators, something a bit more specific than the general hacking forum. Thought I'd throw it your way since you're handling community stuff for the site. It would be focused on discussing the creative challenges of hacking -- anything from story writing to tile editing to events or spriting, or just hexing stuff... I've noticed that each project has its own particular thread (or subforum), but apparently they do not communicate; they more like run on separate tracks, if that makes sense.

Maybe an official thread could be made, and then later on if it generates interest, it could be expanded into a forum or something.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(07-05-2016, 10:16 PM)FF6Fanatic Wrote: Sounds sexy. Perhaps a patch for that could be released in the future?

It's a really involved process... and uses a LOT of free ROM space... i have 8 banks currently set aside, and if i get full expansion, probably another 4-8, using everything above my ultra-expanded 50/ bank. It's not impossible, but it does require careful planning, and potentially a fair amount of leg-work. Of course, I had other conflicts to solve simultaneously, which may have made it feel worse than it actually should have been.

FF6Fanatic Wrote:BTW, how worried should I get when a new error message appears in ZoneDoctor, but seems to have no visible effect on my work? Should I always fall back to a previous rom?

That's where my problems started... After I got about halfway through making the Ancient Town, I started getting constant errors, but the game would play... I don't know exactly the full side effects because I went back and redid EVERYTHING. And the conflict that broke my game had to do with expanded data from LE and the code from the custom splash screen both saving to F1/. So, *maybe* you are ok, but are potentially running into problems down the road... Tho if you get more expansion, you should at least have room to fix it. Tho I'd probably suggest doing what I did and going back to a clean ROM and reapplying all your non-map changes... THEN expand you map data... AND THEN remake all your map changes... just to be safe.

FF6Fanatic Wrote:Also, I've been toying with the idea of a topic/subforum dedicated to hack creators, something a bit more specific than the general hacking forum. Thought I'd throw it your way since you're handling community stuff for the site. It would be focused on discussing the creative challenges of hacking -- anything from story writing to tile editing to events or spriting, or just hexing stuff... I've noticed that each project has its own particular thread (or subforum), but apparently they do not communicate; they more like run on separate tracks, if that makes sense.

Maybe an official thread could be made, and then later on if it generates interest, it could be expanded into a forum or something.

Honestly, it sounds like a mix between the Magitek Research Facility and the Dragon's Den... I don't think there needs to be a conglomerate forum really. If anyone has similar problems to something that already exists, the search feature comes in really handy. Good thought tho.
  Find

Status
None
(07-06-2016, 08:42 AM)B-Run Wrote: It's a really involved process... and uses a LOT of free ROM space... i have 8 banks currently set aside, and if i get full expansion, probably another 4-8, using everything above my ultra-expanded 50/ bank. It's not impossible, but it does require careful planning, and potentially a fair amount of leg-work. Of course, I had other conflicts to solve simultaneously, which may have made it feel worse than it actually should have been.

8 banks?? Jesus.

So if I'm getting this right this expansion is something tailored to your hack particularly, and less of a universal, one-size-fits-all kind of thing. Sounds amazing, though. I'm starting to think Madsiur is an alien or something. Tongue

Quote:So, *maybe* you are ok, but are potentially running into problems down the road... Tho if you get more expansion, you should at least have room to fix it. Tho I'd probably suggest doing what I did and going back to a clean ROM and reapplying all your non-map changes... THEN expand you map data... AND THEN remake all your map changes... just to be safe.

I see, I'll keep that in mind... it's just that going forward is a lot more tempting than going back. Oh well.

Quote:Honestly, it sounds like a mix between the Magitek Research Facility and the Dragon's Den... I don't think there needs to be a conglomerate forum really. If anyone has similar problems to something that already exists, the search feature comes in really handy. Good thought tho.

Yeah I'll probably use the Magitek forum, it could use some activity anyway.

More on topic, I had this scene in my head for the naming thing in CoV. You would arrive in Vector and while at the Imperial quarters there would be this long line of processing booths/checkpoints where the soldiers checked in one after another, and when your turn is up you would go up to it and an unseen person would ask your rank and ID. Then you get the naming screen. So you're like a small cog in this big totalitarian machine a la 1984.

I understand you're going with the Namingway approach, that's cool as well. Just thought I'd share.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(07-06-2016, 10:00 AM)FF6Fanatic Wrote: amazing, though. I'm starting to think Madsiur is an alien or something. Tongue 
That's because you don't know Everything Tongue
(Still Madsiur is kinda like an hero)
The worst thing will be when it will be my turn of making new maps...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Gradients and Alpha Channels are my favorite.

[Image: CoVLogo_zpsqb6rdjbp.png]

Also This:
[Image: uglx3zynb6e5n11zg.jpg]
  Find

Status
None
(07-15-2016, 07:41 AM)B-Run Wrote: [Image: Vector2_zpssgpm1z3p.png]

What?! What?!  10/10 What?! What?!

The logo with the silhouettes was already good, but it's the distant city that gets me. Great use of light/shadow. It really works the imagination. I want to play this now!
  Find

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
hey

how much longer until this mod is 100% fully released
  Find

Status
Obliviscence

Hopefully sooner than this. But no promises.
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
Slow
Oh the amazement and astounding creativity presented so far. Something I currently lack... [Image: G6jZBDs.png]
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
Transcendency
Its looks like Its gonna be a great hack
  Find