Poll: What do you think of the portrait?
Great!
Fair.
Worst thing since Meyer's Twilight Saga...
Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Edward Portrait

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I realize of course that there is already an Edward Sprite on this site and I am quite sure that there is also a portrait for that sprite as well (can't be bothered to look through the convenient and easily navigatable database) regardless of those two facts I decided to take it upon myself to sprite my very own portrait of my favorite character from Final Fantasy IV; please give feedback!

[Image: sutebenukun-ff4-edward-portrait-1.png] [Image: sutebenukun-ff4-edward-portrait-2.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LordSutebenu for this post:
  • kanbei as cyan (01-22-2013)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
dude this is incredible

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
This is something i cant do.
Amazing work Sute. Smile

The past is the past, but we can change our fate of Future.
[Image: amcvab.png]
Final Fantasy III: Recrution

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
The pixel work is good and I can tell who he'd be if you didn't given the name of the sprite; however, the palette needs some work. Some of your shades are to light so it seems as if it's one color instead of two. The colors in the face are too similar.
After closer inspection of your palette, I noticed some of the colors are a little redundant and unnecessary. I've edited your sprite's palette so that it shows the shading a little more, and I've now given you an extra color. By altering the overall palette's shades slightly, I'm now able to use some of your hair color as a color shade in Edward's face, thus giving you an extra color to use wherever you like. I've also modified your black border color so that it's more of a redish-brown, I feel this flows more with the overall sprite. It blends really well with the red, and the brownish hair color. It's a good medium for a border.
You can choose to use this if you like, it is a bit incomplete though as I haven't used that extra shade. If I did, I'd quite possibly use it in the hair. That seems like the obvious, and most prevalent choice
[Image: EdwardEdited.png]
[Image: editededward.png]
  Find

Status
None
(01-22-2013, 12:14 PM)Zeemis Wrote: The pixel work is good and I can tell who he'd be if you didn't given the name of the sprite; however, the palette needs some work. Some of your shades are to light so it seems as if it's one color instead of two. The colors in the face are too similar.
After closer inspection of your palette, I noticed some of the colors are a little redundant and unnecessary. I've edited your sprite's palette so that it shows the shading a little more, and I've now given you an extra color. By altering the overall palette's shades slightly, I'm now able to use some of your hair color as a color shade in Edward's face, thus giving you an extra color to use wherever you like. I've also modified your black border color so that it's more of a redish-brown, I feel this flows more with the overall sprite. It blends really well with the red, and the brownish hair color. It's a good medium for a border.
You can choose to use this if you like, it is a bit incomplete though as I haven't used that extra shade. If I did, I'd quite possibly use it in the hair. That seems like the obvious, and most prevalent choice
[Image: EdwardEdited.png]
[Image: editededward.png]
I appreciate that you took the time to do this, however when I looked at my palette I discovered I actually was able to get two colors with some slight alterations. I ended up only using one of them for the hair which became an additional highlight and the other was used to accent the white trim of his hat and collar.

As for the colors for the face, that was a simple issue to resolve since I technically already had three skin colors all I did was darken one and make the other even darker than the one I changed and also put it in his hair, though the color is not obviously there (as I have five colors in the hair) It was mostly put for a semi-balancing color, which it does its job I think. I don't have the color in many places in his hair but enough to give the color a boost without drawing attention to it. Adding the additional highlight and keeping the two dark hair shades nearly as dark as they were I didn't lose any shading in the hair which happened in the example you gave to me.
The one next to the one labeled "Yours" (which is actually mine) is the one I edited.

[Image: EdwardEdited.png] [Image: imgshk.png] and a further tweak of it [Image: imgshk.png] and yet another tweak [Image: imgshk.png]...you get the drift...[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Really nice sprite!

(01-22-2013, 01:51 PM)Lord Sutebenu Wrote: [Image: imgshk.png]

I prefer the 4th edit. There is a bigger contrast between the colors and it makes in my opinion a richer sprite color-wise.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I like it, its nice. I always think Tools would have been a nice Command for him in FFIV, if there had been that stuff then. I mean being rich, he'd have access to all kinds of stuff.(the hovercraft) But he's still be able to do bard singing as well. I just wish that sing worked better in that game and Edward was not a wuss and plot device. But Hide was a funny ability because nobody could hit you, but Edward could not Attack while hiding...
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
for full custom is definitely awesome but not taking account of that fact i think its not yet fitting in with the original portraits.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(01-22-2013, 03:16 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: I like it, its nice. I always think Tools would have been a nice Command for him in FFIV, if there had been that stuff then. I mean being rich, he'd have access to all kinds of stuff.(the hovercraft) But he's still be able to do bard singing as well. I just wish that sing worked better in that game and Edward was not a wuss and plot device. But Hide was a funny ability because nobody could hit you, but Edward could not Attack while hiding...

I know it's based on your opinion, but I feel that Cid would have been a better choice for a Tools menu. Tools has always been more of a technology kind of thing, and that fits right in with Cid from FFIV.

Sutebenu, that edit looks a lot better.
  Find

Status
None
(01-22-2013, 04:52 PM)Zeemis Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 03:16 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: I like it, its nice. I always think Tools would have been a nice Command for him in FFIV, if there had been that stuff then. I mean being rich, he'd have access to all kinds of stuff.(the hovercraft) But he's still be able to do bard singing as well. I just wish that sing worked better in that game and Edward was not a wuss and plot device. But Hide was a funny ability because nobody could hit you, but Edward could not Attack while hiding...

I know it's based on your opinion, but I feel that Cid would have been a better choice for a Tools menu. Tools has always been more of a technology kind of thing, and that fits right in with Cid from FFIV.

Sutebenu, that edit looks a lot better.

Thank you and this I believe will be my final Edit as I am now certain it is ready to be submitted after this:

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find