Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 Tactics

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I took a go at playing this and it is a lot of fun! There are plenty of different moves to try out, and it's cool to play with most of FF6's cast on the field all at once. I understood the interface and how to play fairly quickly, which is a really good sign because I've never actually played FFT/Fire Emblem/Pokémon Conquest before.
Laugh Thx a lot mate, its really appreciated!
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: The only thing that I found confusing was that, for Mog's Dances and the Slot command, it looked like just a long list of moves to select, as opposed to one command that can activate multiple different moves. If you can move "Desert Aria," "Forest Suite" and "Slot" to the top of their respective lists (the movelist showing the actual attacks, not the overall list of dances), and possibly put a space between the actual command you can select and the other moves, it would improve readability.
Indeed, it is confusing. I display all the ability so the player know exactly what the Dance/Slot ( and eventually Rage) does. Good ideas, ill try to make it so it is more obvious what you need to select.
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Also, I noticed that when I watched the demo battle, I was given control of Edgar and Setzer for a turn each, although it was supposed to be an auto-battle.
I have encountered this issue before and cant find how to reproduce it ;[
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: An extra Edgar sprite appeared towards the top-left corner at some point during this battle as well, although he couldn't take turns or be hit, he just seemed to be a misplaced graphic. I don't know when or why this occurred though, as I just noticed it about halfway through the battle.
Weird Sad, never saw that one... Combination of status ailment and abilities used by the AI are often the causes of bugs, and because of the millions of possibilities, its really hard to test.
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I see that when you say to end turn before moving, it asks if you want to end "his" turn whether the character is female or male.
Ill change this right away.
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Finally, I'd say to turn up the volume on the sound effects in comparison to the music, if that's possible.
Ill soon add an option menu with sliders for those.
(05-03-2013, 10:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Overall, this is a really fun game to play. I like all the awesome animations and the fact that you can play with a large portion of the cast at once, unlike the original where you had the arbitrary headcount limit of four. I can't wait to see the story mode!

Again, thanks alot!

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Status
None
I have completed my item/equipment/esper system. Anyone know if the weapon sprites has been ripped? ( I saw the ones with Locke on spriter ressource) I will rip this next, if it hasnt already been done.

Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I've played it, and it was really well done. The fact that all the characters had their own attack ranges was pretty interesting. I think the usefulness based on where characters can hit is pretty balanced, but I don't really think the damage is. I think the damage on Setzer's slots are too high, considering the slots are easy to stop in the right place, they have a large range, and they don't hit allies, so that should be balanced in the future in my opinion. Also, if the map were bigger, there could be a greater variety in movement ranges. The fact that the old man can walk almost as far as the trained monk is fairly unrealistic. Overall, the game is great though. It plays smoothly, aside from when the game calculates stuff(although I don't know how much that can be improved). It's very faithful to the original FFVI, and it's enough of a challenge to make sure the player doesn't just disregard strategy.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
(05-13-2013, 08:12 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: I've played it, and it was really well done. The fact that all the characters had their own attack ranges was pretty interesting. I think the usefulness based on where characters can hit is pretty balanced, but I don't really think the damage is. I think the damage on Setzer's slots are too high, considering the slots are easy to stop in the right place, they have a large range, and they don't hit allies, so that should be balanced in the future in my opinion.
I just remade Setzer Slots so its not choppy and a lot harder. Also, an idea i had on how to balance it was that, each seconds the slot machine is opened, it cost a certain amount of Mp to Setzer. Meaning, that if you take no risk and take a lot of time, its gonna cost you a lot of Mp.
(05-13-2013, 08:12 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: Also, if the map were bigger, there could be a greater variety in movement ranges. The fact that the old man can walk almost as far as the trained monk is fairly unrealistic.
Indeed, ive been thinking about this for awhile. Just not completely sure on how to proceed, but definitely on my checklist.
(05-13-2013, 08:12 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: Overall, the game is great though. It plays smoothly, aside from when the game calculates stuff(although I don't know how much that can be improved). It's very faithful to the original FFVI, and it's enough of a challenge to make sure the player doesn't just disregard strategy.
For testing purposes, theres a lot of computer controller character at once, and they all have a lot of abilities. So the calculating time is greater than it should be, but i will definitely rework it. Huge thanks for trying it and giving your feedback!

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Can we get some YouTube footage to generate hype?

Also, ensure you back up all these files! (Email them to yourself, or something.) Too many fan projects die because the author loses his work!
  Find

Status
None
That would be a good idea, indeed. However, my spoken english isnt very good and im relatively shy, so yeah....

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-29-2013, 05:47 PM)daemoth Wrote: However, my spoken english isnt very good and im relatively shy, so yeah....

Same here. Plus I sound awful on YT. I did a LP video of a hack and decided after watching the episode it would be the last episode.
  Find

Status
None
Im currently trying to implement some multiplayer to my game, and since its my first time i ever program a software that work with 2 computers, i would need somebody to test if it even work Tongue Nothing too complex, just open the game, enter my ip and then we see if it make a connection. Pm me if your interrested

Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
I'm not nearly qualified to help on this, but it looks really nice! I've never played Tactics before, would you recommend it?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
If you like real time strategy games and everything nice that is Final Fantasy, set in a medieval-inspired world, then heck yes I'd recommend it!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.