Something like "We won't let you have the esper!" "Ymir! Get them!"

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(11-18-2011, 10:13 AM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: I don't see it there. :S

It should be there, unless you erased it of course. But if that's not the case, I'd have to suspect that something has corrupted your dialog in many places, or who knows what else - I'd have to look at the ROM to see. But yes, that line should be there at 2925. Maybe compare your ROM with an original clean ROM to see if indeed your text has vanished in places.

Many dialog box's are not in order, that's normal. What you should do to locate the text you wish to edit or whatever much easier, is simply export the script (the export script button), and then just ctrl + f (find) and then search the exact text line if you know it. (ex. for that line: "Get them!")

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(11-18-2011, 04:18 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Something like "We won't let you have the esper!" "Ymir! Get them!"
Yeah, for some reason those lines are found near the end. As FF3usME is the only program I use, I'm not sure how to tell you where it is. I exported the script to a text file, and the line is on line 11574, and here is a screenshot of it in FF3usME at index 2925:

[Image: screenshot-ffvi_text.jpg]

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Ah. Thanks. Smile

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I thought you had a new issue with the patch.

If it's the issue of Character names not being displayed properly in battle, it only happens when you use the control command. I have no idea of how to fix that still. Since you get the control relic kind of late in the game, I'm not -too- bothered by it XD

Status
None
(11-18-2011, 07:07 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I thought you had a new issue with the patch.

If it's the issue of Character names not being displayed properly in battle, it only happens when you use the control command. I have no idea of how to fix that still. Since you get the control relic kind of late in the game, I'm not -too- bothered by it XD

That wasn't the issue. The issue was that it wasn't compatible... at least for me, with the GBA font patch. I was getting garbled text in the dialogues.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
as I said before I'm willing to go through the hassle of doing the font for you from scratch

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(11-19-2011, 11:39 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: as I said before I'm willing to go through the hassle of doing the font for you from scratch

I know. I keep trying to Skype you, but I'm on at the wrong times. ^^;

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(11-19-2011, 10:38 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: That wasn't the issue. The issue was that it wasn't compatible... at least for me, with the GBA font patch. I was getting garbled text in the dialogues.
Where is it garbled? I used Poco Loco's font with the restored ability patch and didn't see anything wrong, and I also created my own similar font from FF1 GBA and it appears to be working as well.

The only time I saw garbled text was when using Darkmage's improvement patch v1.03, which makes me think it's something else causing it.

Maybe I just didn't play far enough to see garbled text with just the font changed though.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find