FF6 Hacking
T-edition sprites/portraits patch - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Patches, Bugfixes, Tweaks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: T-edition sprites/portraits patch (/thread-4198.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

T-edition sprites/portraits patch - Gens - 04-21-2022

I share these patches that i built to replace main cast sprites with t-edition inspired sprites and portraits. I say "inspired" cause not every sprite is identical due to palette's technical limitations. This is an updated version that doesn't use egger's expanded palette hack, to avoid compatibility issues with mods.

I give credits to Tsushii (and the other pixel artists involved).

I share another optional patch to alter the portraits. This portraits are an original creation by Laurel/Llama meant to be used with pixel remaster. I ripped and downscaled them to be snes compatible and are now part of the official 3.0+ t-edition mod.

[Image: Ux91dLC.png]

[Image: YCLAN1I.png]

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Kusanagi_999 - 04-29-2022

I like this sprite from T-Edition and thank you 4 for making this anyways, can you make the Blond Terra?!

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Gi Nattak - 04-29-2022

(04-29-2022, 01:22 AM)Kusanagi_999 Wrote: I like this sprite from T-Edition and thank you 4 for making this anyways, can you make the Blond Terra?!

[Image: 9sLTS3v.png]

Credit to Tsushiy or whoever made it lol...

I couldn't find the corresponding portrait, so I whipped one up myself:
[Image: Mx5YGIz.png]

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Gens - 04-30-2022

I added to the package an ips file (for unheadered roms) that contains all the portraits made by TBranford and very slightly edited by me to match sprites appearance of the T-Edition-like patch i posted. I like the final result and i share it here for anyone that wants to give a modern look to his vanilla game (or any compatible mod out there). If you want to use them together with t-ed sprites, remember to patch t-ed sprites patch first.

[Image: DwbJK6i.png]

All the credits goes to TBranford and original work that inspired him.

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Seifer - 06-25-2022

Hi there, new on here. Love these sprites from t edition. Can I post a request here? the Clyde sprite from t edition with portrait, is it possible to swap Locke for Clyde and keep original shadow.

RE: T-edition sprites patch - FF6Craig - 04-28-2023

I tired so many roms and this patch is not working sadly. When you enter a batlle ther game freeze with a black screen

RE: T-edition sprites patch - madsiur - 04-29-2023

(04-28-2023, 09:24 PM)FF6Craig Wrote: I tired so many roms and this patch is not working sadly. When you enter a batlle ther game freeze with a black screen

I have not tested the patch but what you describe is a common issue/symptom of using a patch made for a headered ROM on a unheadered ROM or the opposite.

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Gens - 04-29-2023

That's surely a patching problem but that patch is still not 100% compatible with any mod/patch out there due to the egger's palette hack. I recently made a slightly different version that doesn't use that hack and it's much better in terms of compatibility.
It's meant for an unheadered rom

RE: T-edition sprites patch - dummyaccount - 05-02-2023

Hey, I tried using your patch with SilentEnigma's FF6ROSE, and it doesn't play nice. I am using FF6US ver 1.0 (non-headered). All of the patches I have on my file (music main (nh), true duel (nh) and Rose v1.13 (nh)) are all non-headered. I am betting it has something to do with the rom version, but I am not sure. I should state that without the sprite swap, the rom runs just fine. However, when I applied the sprite swap on top, things did not work out. The screen went black in my first battle at Narshe, which tells me that it is most likely an issue with the version of the rom. As I stated before, all my stuff is non-headered, so I do not believe that is the issue. There might be other patch conflicts that I am unaware of, but I thought the sprites (in general) were relatively insulated from the other code. Also, the "slightly different version" of this hack that you posted doesn't work either. Lunar IPS says that it is not an IPS file.

RE: T-edition sprites patch - Gens - 05-03-2023

(04-29-2023, 04:25 PM)Gens Wrote: That's surely a patching problem but that patch is still not 100% compatible with any mod/patch out there due to the egger's palette hack. I recently made a slightly different version that doesn't use that hack and it's much better in terms of compatibility.
It's meant for an unheadered rom

Have you tried this one? This is a compromise patch that doesn't use eggers hack and it's probably compatible with any ffvi version or hack.