FF6 Hacking
Resignation as Forum Admin - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Vector, Imperial Capital (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-58.html)
+---- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-62.html)
+---- Thread: Resignation as Forum Admin (/thread-3867.html)

Resignation as Forum Admin - madsiur - 08-08-2019

Today is officially the date I'm resigning as forum admin. It's been a few years that motivation to update the forum is wearing off. I thought of making that move a few times before and I took the final decision a few months ago informing other admins that I would step down during the summer. I think for the best of the forum it would be better if someone else take my place, at least as far as web development goes, since I no longer have any motivation to do work in this regard.

I will therefore also stop moderating the forum, paying completely for the site hosting and domain name, approving posts and making any maintenance task. I will however remain present on Discord and moderating there as well as approving new users. I will also remain wiki admin, since it's something I still enjoy doing. I might also still post on the Facebook and Twitter pages since it doesn't seems like a chore to me unlike the forum tasks.

The decision to replace me is up to the other admins. If someone who has web development skills is interested you should manifest yourself to @"Gi Nattak" or to other admins.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - C-Dude - 08-08-2019

I know I'm just a newbie, but you clearly have a lot of passion for this community and I want to thank you for all you've given.

Thank you, Madsiur.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - CzarMalboro - 08-09-2019

so does this mean this site is closing or will someone else take over? anyway Madisiur, thank you for all the help you have given me.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - Turbotastic - 08-09-2019

This is awful!

You're the only admin who has had an active, constant presence on these boards and you have preserved so much media and made so many tweaks that you've kept this place running!

That being said, shouldering all the work is no easy task, and at some point you get tired. You need a break, but we all know nobody is going to show as much care as you do.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - Mac68 3000 - 08-09-2019

Hey Fred

i am gonna miss you being forum admin on here now

I hope you enjoy doing your other projects now as well

I wish you luck on your new life Fred

take care

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - Tenkarider - 08-09-2019

Well, what can i say... it's been a long time.
Saying you made a lot for this community is not enough, actually you were the soul of it 'till now.
Let's hope it will keep going somehow, in any case thanks for your honored years of service!!!

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - CrumpledMedal - 08-09-2019

Thank you for all your work as an admin, Madsuir.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - Warrax - 08-09-2019

Thanks for everything Madsiur, you did a lot for the community.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - Catone - 08-13-2019

You've defiantly done more work and put forth more unrequired amounts of effort to keep this place going than anybody could have ever ask for.

Thank you for your dedication and continuous efforts.

While I'm not staying very informed of the site's happening and such at this time due to already being swamped with personal B.S. if there are hosting issues or other issues arise, please someone make sure I know so I can help.

I'm in no way mentally stable enough to be in charge of anything, and I mean anything in any capacity, but I will help as much as I can to keep it going.

RE: Resignation as Forum Admin - SSJ Rick - 08-17-2019

thank you for everything Fred, you truly were the heart and soul behind the site's resurrection, and no words can express how grateful we all are to have had you