FF6 Hacking
Introduction Thread - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Zozo Pub (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Introduction Thread (/thread-33.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Introduction Thread - madsiur - 11-04-2011

I think it's time to introduce myself:

I'm a student in programming, i went back to school last years after 10 years working in warehouses:I got really bored of those jobs. Anyway I speak french, my english is not bad and I've been playing final fantasy since 1992. I haven't count the number of time I went through FFVI, but easily more than 15...I did a LLG once and a LLNMG on FFVI advance(including the dragon's den). I will never do that again...Oh yeah, I live in Quebec and I never been really really active on the net before now.

I've been rom hacking and learning event editing mostly for the past few weeks, and I'm planning to get more into assembly, but with school, homeworks and part time job it's not easy to finding a decent amount of free time. I sucessfully moved the monster graphics data (which was a accomplisment for me) and now I just need to edit FF3SE in consequence. If I succeed, I'll be able to add as much monster sprites as I want in my hack. That would be VERY nice!

I'm looking for someone who would like to redo the dialogues for my hack since english is my second language, but I have play the game first and add/edit events as I go through the game. I'm not even at the scenarios yet, so it's gona take a while. I would like the core of the dialogues to be similar to FFVI advance but there will be a lot of custom/edited scene. The story will aprroximately be the same, it won't be a whole new story like the eternal crystals as an example. A bilingual friend of mine could help me, but I don't know yet if he will be willing to edit three thousands something dialogue boxes.

RE: Introduction Thread - SSJ Rick - 11-04-2011

I'll be willing to help you with dialog here and there if you want

RE: Introduction Thread - Zeemis - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 03:18 AM)Madsiur Wrote: I think it's time to introduce myself:

I'm a student in programming, i went back to school last years after 10 years working in warehouses:I got really bored of those jobs. Anyway I speak french, my english is not bad and I've been playing final fantasy since 1992. I haven't count the number of time I went through FFVI, but easily more than 15...I did a LLG once and a LLNMG on FFVI advance(including the dragon's den). I will never do that again...Oh yeah, I live in Quebec and I never been really really active on the net before now.

I've been rom hacking and learning event editing mostly for the past few weeks, and I'm planning to get more into assembly, but with school, homeworks and part time job it's not easy to finding a decent amount of free time. I sucessfully moved the monster graphics data (which was a accomplisment for me) and now I just need to edit FF3SE in consequence. If I succeed, I'll be able to add as much monster sprites as I want in my hack. That would be VERY nice!

I'm looking for someone who would like to redo the dialogues for my hack since english is my second language, but I have play the game first and add/edit events as I go through the game. I'm not even at the scenarios yet, so it's gona take a while. I would like the core of the dialogues to be similar to FFVI advance but there will be a lot of custom/edited scene. The story will aprroximately be the same, it won't be a whole new story like the eternal crystals as an example. A bilingual friend of mine could help me, but I don't know yet if he will be willing to edit three thousands something dialogue boxes.

You should consider releasing relocation of monster sprites as a patch.

RE: Introduction Thread - madsiur - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 11:44 AM)Zeemis Wrote: You should consider releasing relocation of monster sprites as a patch.

I already thought about it. There are one thing I wasn't able to check: I know the colosseum has its own setup for battles and I was wondering if there is a portion of code that loads the monster graphics separatly for those perticular fights or if the subroutine that I changed the code in is use as well in that case. I don't have a savestate when the collosseum is available, I could send you a beta patch and you could double check that for me.

But without a modified editor (FF3SE in this case) there's no point of expanding and relocalizing the monsters sprites if we can't edit them. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have the time to modify the editor, if the steps given to me works. Anyway I'll have more new about it soon!

RE: Introduction Thread - Zeemis - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 12:57 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 11:44 AM)Zeemis Wrote: You should consider releasing relocation of monster sprites as a patch.

I already thought about it. There are one thing I wasn't able to check: I know the colosseum has its own setup for battles and I was wondering if there is a portion of code that loads the monster graphics separatly for those perticular fights or if the subroutine that I changed the code in is use as well in that case. I don't have a savestate when the collosseum is available, I could send you a beta patch and you could double check that for me.

But without a modified editor (FF3SE in this case) there's no point of expanding and relocalizing the monsters sprites if we can't edit them. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have the time to modify the editor, if the steps given to me works. Anyway I'll have more new about it soon!

One thing you'll quickly find out about me is code is not my forte. I specialize in all forms of graphics when it comes to Rom Hacking, and even 3d work. :p

RE: Introduction Thread - Unklmnky - 11-07-2011

Hello all, Uncle Monkey here. I found the site by accident whilst looking for some Black Mage sprites to use as a base for my project. I'm a long time FFI-FFVI fan, and I am working on a FF fangame using RPG Maker 2003. I am a beginner spriter, have absolutely no hacking skills and a whole lot of noob-like questions, so here they are:

1. I'm learning the spriting game as I go, is there a somewhere here to post my sprites for improvement help?

2. What is the policy on use of other people's resources?

3. How does the database work? All I can see is the preview, but not the actual sprite sheets....

4. Does anyone have a palette/list of the colors used in FFVI? It would greatly assist in the course of my project...

5. What are the stipulations/format for a sprite sheet to work as a FFVI hacking resource. While I am working outside of the constrictions of a FFVI hack, but I would love to contribute to the FFVI hacking community as much as possible and see my creations find other homes.

Thanks in advance for your patience, I hope to find a happy home here at FFVI Hacking.....

RE: Introduction Thread - SSJ Rick - 11-07-2011

welcome to the site

I'm the guy to turn to for all your spriting needs

of course there are many adept and skilled spriters here other then myself

but I can guide you step by step when it comes to making a sprite, the palettes, and how to go about giving the sprites consistency and clean movement

now to answer your questions

when using someone's work just be sure to credit them and do not claim it as your own

the database has a download for the sprites u r looking 4

PM me and I'll help u out with the correct palette order

as for you hacking using RPG Maker thats fine

we are more then happy to share what we have Smile

RE: Introduction Thread - Burnt_Toast - 11-08-2011

Hello Everybody! Leviathan here, King of Eidolons and utter noob at hacking. Hell, at the point this post is made, I don't even have an Emulator! Coming here I hope to learn how to hack, and script in a some kind of talented way. Tongue

RE: Introduction Thread - silvermaine - 11-30-2011

Hello folks. Long time lurker here finally trying to get into making modifications to FF6. Hope to get some help without being annoying!

RE: Introduction Thread - Lockirby2 - 03-04-2012

Hello, I'm fairly new to the site, so I don't know too much about hacking, but I'm always up to learn something new! At the moment, I'm getting the hang of event hacking, so I guess that would be where my strengths lie. However, I doubt I will ever be able to sprite worth a crud. The only time my name and art should be included in the same sentence is if there is a "sucks at" in between Laugh. I'll do my best to learn more about everything else as I go along, though. Thanks for any help in advance and good luck to other newcomers.