FF6 Hacking
FF6 - Brave New World - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: FF6 - Brave New World (/thread-3298.html)

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Lockirby2 - 01-16-2014

My own personal list (Top = Easiest, Bottom = Hardest):

Silver (A single Ice shield makes this fight quite easy)
Red (Similar to above, but having a Flame Shield at this point is slightly more difficult)
Green (Relic Rings make this a piece of cake, but many wouldn't think of using them, plus there are other drawbacks)
Gold (Close to the end of the game, so you'll be pretty powerful)
Purple (Not ranked easier because its attacks can't be nullified/absorbed. Not ranked harder because the armor that halves wind is pretty good)
Blue (Gold Armor/Gator Hide is outdated here, but all attacks can be defended against at least, and the elemental resistances exist)
Brown (Some non-elemental attacks, some undefendable attacks. However, some attacks can be nullified with Float, and you can save just outside the Opera House)
White (Can't hit its weakness without causing it to heal itself with Holy Wind eventually for 9999. This is the only dragon, except possibly the Blue, who is far from a save point. Uses plenty of damaging multi-target attacks and Quasar. The Holy element isn't easy to defend against either).

It does, of course, depend on where you fight them, and I went out of my way to avoid the Purple dragon by not getting Cyan first thing. Then again, the first things I did do were fight Doom Gaze and the Brown Dragon... However, I'd say that's the order of difficulty as far as I'm concerned. I have to say I'm surprised that you'd defeat the Brown/Purple dragons and then have trouble on the Silver one...

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 01-16-2014

^Yeah, that list seems about right.

Anyhow, here are some more (final) details about what's going to be done with Edgar's tools:

No changes to the AutoCrossbow or Noiseblaster. The former will be given a longer shelf-life due to a price bump for the Bio Blaster, which players will now typically not pick up until the scenario split (remember that you can buy it at South Figaro and Nikeah).

The Drill will now be Edgar's version of Pummel: same power as before (180), but is now also his seizure-setter. As much as I liked the uniqueness of Flash setting seizure, there were just too many other problems it caused with balancing out his toolset. In the end, a little bit of similarity to his brother isn't really that bad of a thing, especially given that it finally let us make the Drill/Chainsaw divide more interesting.

Flash and Chainsaw have both been pushed back to the World of Ruin, meaning that you only get four in the World of Balance now. The former loses it's seizure-setting properties and will given a power boost to compensate, which means that a magic-focused Edgar will have a decent attack for crowd control (whereas a vigor-focused Edgar deals superior ST damage). The Chainsaw, on the other hand, will be tweaked so that the 1/4 hockey-mask proc deals damage IN ADDITION to going for an instant kill. It will still be found in a chest rather than purchased, but I won't say where.

Finally, the Defribillator and Mana Battery. The former will revive dead allies up to a variable amount of HP dependent on the user's magic power, whereas the latter is a single-target MP restoration item that makes Edgar a very viable alternative to Sabin in his support role (because why should *he* have all the fun?) The Defribillator will be
available for purchase alongside the Flash, whereas the Mana Battery will be hidden in a chest somewhere.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - julfordio - 01-17-2014

I'd totally put Brown after White in terms of difficulty (I wiped so many times to Brown on both playthroughs, but I honestly have no recollection of White fights because he never wiped me), but otherwise that list looks good. Maybe Purple after Blue as well, but those two are similarly close in difficulty so it could go either way.

Is the Defibrillator going to have single-target damage capabilities as hoped before? Not a big deal-breaker either way, with Flash getting buffed, though it might be helpful in keeping Edgar's boss damage up so he's not relegated to purely support duty with Defibrillator/ManaBattery use.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 01-17-2014

The Defribilator is just going to be a revival tool.

The idea is that a magical Edgar will be a little bit heavier on the MT damage, but vigor Edgar does much more ST damage.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Lockirby2 - 01-17-2014

On my first playthrough I wiped more times from the Brown Dragon as well. Had I saved him for endgame though, and if I'd had the HP to survive Quasar, I don't think he would have fazed me since he wastes turns here and there. Even with endgame equipment, the White Dragon scared me on my first playthrough because I was forced to keep the pressure up to deal with his healing, while having to worry about Quasar.

In my LLG, I don't think any of the dragons managed to beat me (unless you include "I'm thirty seconds in and forgot minor detail X! Restart.), so that's a null point.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 01-17-2014

(01-17-2014, 03:27 PM)Julford Wrote: Is the Defibrillator going to have single-target damage capabilities as hoped before? Not a big deal-breaker either way, with Flash getting buffed, though it might be helpful in keeping Edgar's boss damage up so he's not relegated to purely support duty with Defibrillator/ManaBattery use.

Yeah, buffing Flash was good enough that I decided against pushing the single-target damage effect of the Defibrillator.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 02-02-2014

Version 1.3.1 is up. As always, patch notes are at the bottom of the first post.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 02-02-2014

Ok, there's a slight snag with the 1.3.1 update. Apparently, for some reason, the editor I'm working with decided to copy the data of a particularly powerful late-game enemy wholesale over to the first enemy in the list, rendering the game's first battle unwinnable.

I... have no idea how this happened. I feel such shame right now.

Then again, as someone on another forum put it:

Quote:Look on the bright side, you've accidentally created art in the form of a bleak absurdist anti-climax farce take on FF6's story:

"Imperial soldiers invade a neutral city with the help of their powered
armor and a mysterious witch. They are immediately dispatched by the
efficient, well-trained civilian guard."

I've sent Synchysi and updated ROM so he can post a fix as soon as he sees it.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 02-02-2014

And 1.3.1a is up.

Note that this one will still say 1.3.1 on the Config screen.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 02-02-2014

Yeah, you can tell you have 1.3.1a if this doesn't happen when you get into a fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeYgDnpJzw