FF6 Hacking
FF6 - Brave New World - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: FF6 - Brave New World (/thread-3298.html)

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 12:51 AM)Endarire Wrote: How's that warp to the start work? I've never had the inclination to try it.

It's basically there for idiots who go back through the cave after getting Locke and don't know the warp spell.

...I kinda want to hide something there now >.>

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 08-03-2013

I wouldn't say idiots. It's handy for people that can't kill the Red Dragon on their first trek through the cave, and neglected to bring someone that knows Warp.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Endarire - 08-07-2013

Synch: Is your icon a reference to your signature? (It looks like a duck bill or a star inside a hood, Darth Sidious style.)

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 08-07-2013

Yeah, it's supposed to be Castlevania 2's mythical Graveyard Duck.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 08-08-2013

I always thought it was Darkwing Duck for some reason >.>

Your answer makes more sense, though.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Lockirby2 - 08-08-2013

I don't know why, but it always looked like a guitar inside a hood to me...

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - madsiur - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:50 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I don't know why, but it always looked like a guitar inside a hood to me...

Haha! A hooded guitar! That's really original.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:50 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I don't know why, but it always looked like a guitar inside a hood to me...

I gotta say, that's a new one.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - serge2344 - 08-11-2013

Hey guys, I've been playing this now for a couple of days and I felt I had to sign up to share a couple things.

First off, BTB and Synchysi, this mod is absolutely beautifully done. The original game was a breeze, but there is definitely some good challenge here. The fact is, if I hadn't known outright it was a mod, I would have never guessed.

I've now done all my sidequesting in the WoR (Except the dragons in Kefka's Tower) and I'm just bring some of my less used characters up to the same level as my primary team before beginning the long climb up.

The character changes really do make the game so much more interesting. In particular, Sabin. My stamina Sabin is the closest thing to OP I've seen in this game, but not outstandingly. My MVP's would change often as I went through, but that boy is a staple to every party I could have him in. Decent damage and perfect support.

I did, however, come across a couple of bugs (SNES9X). Occasionally, I would walk into a room, and once it would load, it would freeze until I hit the frame-skip button. This was not repeatable though. The second was with the spell Rasp. I'm not sure if this was a problem with the original game, but when ever it was reflected or blocked the sound would bug out. This is easily repeatable. Especially in the Tower of Fanatics. I mean, it's nothing game breaking, just figured I'd bring it up.

Also, the Atma Weapon fight was extremely difficult. I was fairly over leveled (I never ran) but boy did I have issues. First off, out-damaging his Regen for a defensive built party was bad enough, but I had to spend so much time healing because of him spamming Goner (I think? I'm not sure if I remember correctly) which would just destroy everyone who wasn't Sabin. The time I managed to win, no Goner was used. It felt luck reliant.

Anyways, I still adore this. You guys have done outstanding work, and are very deserved of praise. Keep it up!

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Synchysi - 08-12-2013

(08-11-2013, 11:05 PM)Krut the VII Wrote: I did, however, come across a couple of bugs (SNES9X). Occasionally, I would walk into a room, and once it would load, it would freeze until I hit the frame-skip button. This was not repeatable though.

This sounds specific to 9x. All testing was done with ZSNES, and I'm guessing the majority of the players we've heard back from so far were also using ZSNES, and no one mentioned this issue.

I guess it's not the same couple of buildings every time, otherwise I could probably poke around at it.

Quote:The second was with the spell Rasp. I'm not sure if this was a problem with the original game, but when ever it was reflected or blocked the sound would bug out. This is easily repeatable. Especially in the Tower of Fanatics. I mean, it's nothing game breaking, just figured I'd bring it up.

I think the only thing we could do about this is prevent Rasp from being multi-target.

Quote:Also, the Atma Weapon fight was extremely difficult. I was fairly over leveled (I never ran) but boy did I have issues. First off, out-damaging his Regen for a defensive built party was bad enough, but I had to spend so much time healing because of him spamming Goner (I think? I'm not sure if I remember correctly) which would just destroy everyone who wasn't Sabin. The time I managed to win, no Goner was used. It felt luck reliant.

Goner is definitely a reaction to something specific. I won't say what, since it was put into that fight for a reason that I don't think we want to advertise, as it's quite easy to avoid if you know the trigger.