FF6 Hacking
FF6 - Brave New World - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: FF6 - Brave New World (/thread-3298.html)

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 07-28-2013

Umaro is actually a very simple, straightforward fight. Once you figure out how to deal with his attacks, he's a walk in the park.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Endarire - 07-28-2013

BTB: You mean rewinding for less damage against your crew?

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 09:58 PM)Endarire Wrote: BTB: You mean rewinding for less damage against your crew?

Nah. What I meant was that there's prettty much no diversity whatsoever in Umaro's attacks. As long as you can deal with strong physical hits and ice damage, you're golden.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Yuke311 - 07-29-2013

this game IS GOOD! Laugh and its much more bada** (can i write it out or am i only allowed to censore it? well... screw this) it has bad language (i mean like F**K and son of a *****) and its even funnier thanks to this. and the enemys stats and scripts are much more Bada** this is... BRILLIANT! (i really mean it! no joke) i almost gave up! (after beating the soul train) but i still managed to win! i think this game wants that i BEAT IT! thank you for this funny (and bada**) game Synchysi! (am i overreacting? i do not think so... i only think its because im going to get crazy in this game)

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 07-29-2013

(07-29-2013, 05:50 PM)Yuke311 Wrote: this game IS GOOD! Laugh and its much more bada** (can i write it out or am i only allowed to censore it?

I'm pretty f**k**g sure we can say whatever the hell we want here. This isn't GameFAQs Smile

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Gi Nattak - 07-29-2013

Yeah as long as it isn't racist or overly sexual or offensive to others, like the 'C' word.
"Badass" is fine though obviously, Yuke, I mean we do have a member named badass after all lol, right?

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - BTB - 07-29-2013

That said, the subject of swearing in the mod has been brought up by a few players - which is funny because we scaled *way* back on it when we realized that we were overdoing it.

Currently, gratuitous swearing is reserved for the two characters known specifically for it: Kefka and Relm. Sabin and Setzer do it casually, and nobody else (excluding random NPCs) really does it at all. I think that the swearing fits the characters for the most part, though someone has noted that Kefka feels more crude and less crazy as a result. The possibility of a "clean" version of the mod is something we've been entertaining doing at some point in the future.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Gi Nattak - 07-29-2013

I got the same feedback from people over the cursing in the earliest version of my hack, where I had some characters drop the F bomb every now and then, along with plenty of other curses. Seems most people don't like it because it strays from their nostalgic childhood memories of the characters and their G rated dialog, I can understand that.

I now just use hell and damn, and even shit once in a while, but I took out the 'big ones' lol. I agree with Relm having a dirty mouth, it builds upon her 'mature-for-her-age not listening to Grandpa Strago' character more and I'm sure is funny and appropriate for her in your hack here. And Kefka of course is fitting, if any of the FF villains should cuss a lot, it's him! At the end of the day, it's your choice on the profanity in your hack, but I think a 'clean' version of the hack is a great idea just to squash the issue for those sensitive folks. Wink

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Yuke311 - 07-30-2013

well.... as long as the game has a good story and gameplay... i will like it. even if the characters are swearing! XD *thinks back at Call of duty Black ops 1 zombie mode* good times with dempsey.... aaaanyway. i will never use my girl voice for other girls except Terra and Celes (no relm since... i dont think it will fit her) ! you can see in part 21 why.

RE: FF6 - Brave New World - Endarire - 07-30-2013

-=1.2.0=-
1: The 'Hero Shield' (former Cursed Shield/Paladin Shield) still gives the Condemned/Countdown status to whomever wields it, even with a Ribbon. (A Ribbon should work or outright tell me it doesn't work on Condemned.) Does this shield uncurse if different people wield it in battle, such as Terra for some fights and Locke for others?

2: I feel like I've been everywhere short of Kefka's Tower (and even through most of the tower) and haven't found the Crusader magicite. It'd be the last one on the list. What hints and advice have you?

3: Did you intend to make the girls (Terra, Celes, Relm) generally the most powerful party members? All can equip armor to completely negate Ice/Fire/Bolt damage and can spam 9999 damage spells against energy-weak foes.

4: Is Cactrot/Cactuar still around? If so, what's the best place to find and fight him?

5: In the Maranda Desert, I went hunting for quite some time. (Maybe 20 fights.) After that, I walked around and tried to find a random encounter. I walked around the overworld for about a minute and thought, "I rolled really well on the 'don't find random encounters' table." And no Cactrot/Cactuar. Sleeping at Maranda's inn fixed things. (I probably only needed to reenter the overworld.)

6: Another way to make Cyan better (or suck less) is to reduce the wait time of Bushido. It shouldn't take as long as Magic to go off.

7: In a forest, I encountered 4 Leap Frogs. I controlled one, but wasn't able to kill it. While controlled, my spells couldn't target it and I couldn't force it to attack itself to break control. (I think it was because it had lept already.)