FF6 Hacking
Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Returner's Hideout (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition (/thread-3292.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - B-Run - 07-25-2016

How is everyone's sprites coming along?

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Lockirby2 - 07-25-2016

Haven't started yet. I meant to start last weekend, but ended up having to juggle my schedule a little.

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Lockirby2 - 07-31-2016

I've gotten all the standing poses finished. Tomorrow I'll make my sprite animate properly.

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - B-Run - 08-01-2016

Great to hear!

So far this is shaping up to be a REALLY easy contest to judge. Who else was working on sprites? Remember, the cutoff is THIS WEDNESDAY.

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Jackimus - 08-01-2016

Ive been busy with a lot of streaming stuff over the weekend, but I plan on doing my entry tomorrow, so uh basically at the last minute I guess haha

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Lockirby2 - 08-02-2016

Mwahaha, everybody better prepare to lose the contest now!

[Image: 2b290e4b46.png]
My first sprite ever. Tongue

I wanted to give him a longcoat sort of thing.  Unfortunately, while brown was probably the best colour thematically, that only gave me two colours to work with for the coat (which really sucked).  I also had no clue how to improve the hat.  It's a little... square... looking, but I wasn't sure how to do it better.  I also felt like the front and back animations move back and forth a bit too much, but it was hard to show the motion otherwise because his feet are entirely covered.  Or maybe he doesn't have feet, who knows? Wink

I'm not sure what the device on his back is exactly, but then again I have no clue what half the machinery did in the "steampunk" pictures I saw on Google.  So it's faithful to the genre, I guess?  Whatever it is, it spews steam as the character walks.  I only used the 12 colours for a PC in this picture, mostly because the remaining colours weren't helpful anyways.

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - B-Run - 08-03-2016

I've seen a heck of a lot worse sprites. That's actually really impressive for a first sprite! I like the goggles and steampunk backpack-type-thing. Good design!

LAST DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS PEOPLE! You all asked for this contest, and so far picking the winners will be really easy. So get to work!

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - B-Run - 08-05-2016

I decided to extend the deadline until next Friday, August 12. So you still have a chance to make an awesome steampunk sprite! I want to see our spriters at work! We've got a lot of talent on the site and we want them here!

Out of curiosity... for those who asked for a spriting contest and have not yet made a sprite, what kept you from participating? time, interest? Was the steampunk theme not appealing? Were you hoping for an open format where you can submit any sprite? were you more interested in creating a single sprite without requiring all the back/side/walking animations? My goal is to get people involved, so if something I am doing is keeping you from doing that, I want to know what it is. So speak up! These events are for you guys!

Happy Hacking!

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - Kugawattan - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 07:32 AM)B-Run Wrote: Was the steampunk theme not appealing? Were you hoping for an open format where you can submit any sprite?

That was it for me, pretty much. I have nothing against steampunk but it was something I wasn't interested in doing.

RE: Spriting Contest: Steampunk Edition - SSJ Rick - 08-06-2016

I would have LOVED to participate but alas still no equipment to work with Sad

awesome spritework though guys keep it up