FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 07-11-2017

Huh, I thought that'd be it, 'cause after it goes to CC/D81C and hits the end (FE), it would return back to CC/D7A0, where those EA's are, which I'd think would cause a freeze. Maybe put a $FE at CC/D7A0 so when it returns, it ends? If that don't do it feel free to send me the ROM if you'd like.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 07-11-2017

I don't know what the EFF I did to fix it, but it works perfect now... go figure. Thanks anyway, though. Yay, my Umaro event editing is all done!

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 07-11-2017

$EA is a ASM command (NOP) command, it does something that is wasting cycles. $FD is an unused event command, which code is basically a branch to a RTS I think but in some circumstances there is no guarantee it can't have side effects aside of "skipping" a byte in the event code such as pointed by Novalia Spirit. There's a post on Slick Forums where he explain this. The optimal thing is to optimize your event code a not use a FD, pushing back all commands until the next FE.

Edit: Said information: http://assassin17.brinkster.net/novalia-FD-inform.txt

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 07-11-2017

Check, thanks. I'll try to remember next time because I know we've gone over this before.

And as an upside, the Umaro coding being simplified to just giving you an item freed up like, five or six lines for other event work, so I have that if I need it in the future.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 07-12-2017

Ah figured out what the issue is with Bloom being discolored. The extended palette code by Eggers has a 'clear cache' feature built in the code to fix this issue should it arise (as it's tied to the patch), by editing the sprites or whatever, you just gotta go into the main menu (where the portraits are) and hold L & R and hit select, and you'll hear a sound letting you know if there was any previous cache and that it's been cleared, then Bloom should look fine next battle, which will take a bit longer to load the first time reading the updated sprite data.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 07-12-2017

Hm, interesting. I guess that works (and it did, yay), but I'd prefer to have it not happen in the first place. Ah, well, Rydel will be having a look in a week's time once he's done moving, so if it's fixable I'm sure he'll find a way.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 07-12-2017

Ah cool. Well if Rydel does manage to fix that from happening or needing cache clear feature, I hope he'll post it. I've been interested in using the extended palette code since it's existence but was hoping for Eggers to make a surprise comeback and finish it with the other fixes and stuff he was talking about doing, but sadly he seems gone forever. That, and I could never get it up and running correctly with my hack. I doubt Rydel will be interested in doing the other stuff that was mentioned in the patch's thread, but any update or fix to it would be nice I reckon.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 07-14-2017

So the entrance event I thought I had working for my Umaro replacement, I don't.

Here's the rundown. The new event at CC/D850 checks two event bits; Cyan being recruited, and Umaro being recruited. With Cyan recruited the event jumps to D860 where all the flowers in the house are hidden (necessary due to the recruitment event that darkens the screen for Lola's introductory text bit). The second check for Umaro being recruited branches to 7E where Lola's sprite is hidden once you've recruited her.

The event is all over the place. As I've troubleshot adding Returns to various points and moving the Umaro check around, I've had the game hang, crash, and the event plain not work and the flowers or Lola keep appearing. So yeah, sorry to ask for help again so soon.

[Image: 5Ttzj3S.png]

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 07-15-2017

In that pic there, the highlighted check at CC/D858 has one too many bytes going on, the 3rd byte you have an extra 7E it looks like.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 07-15-2017

No, for that check the 7E80 is the Umaro recruitment bit, $1E80($07E) [$1E8F, bit 6]