FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-14-2017

I'm really not concerned at all with multiple characters speaking in the same text box, tbh.

The Thief Shoe is sold at Ponyville's item shop because without it, Flash can't steal, so his scenario becomes impossible to complete if the player doesn't have a Thief Shoe beforehand, they can't access the Relic shop to buy one. It's sold aboard the Rainboom merely for convenience.

Thanks for the other notes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:26 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: The Thief Shoe is sold at Ponyville's item shop because without it, Flash can't steal, so his scenario becomes impossible to complete if the player doesn't have a Thief Shoe beforehand, they can't access the Relic shop to buy one. It's sold aboard the Rainboom merely for convenience.

Thanks for the other notes.
I didn't think of that honestly at the time, but it's true. A little swapping of the relic shop and item shop NPCs along with the sign outside of it and area tag. Regardless, this is quite an enjoyable hack especially from someone like me who doesn't know anything about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I just finish the game a few moments ago, so here are the remaining things that I saw and/or forgot to mention before.

132 - The Imp status icon on the main menu is present when a character has been turned into a Dragon, would need to change the Imp icon to the Dragon icon.
133 - Enemy formations -> some enemies stands in odd places on the battle background, would need to be revise.
134 - Holy Ring to Garnet/Diamond/Peridot/Opal/Topaz Ring -> to continue the gemstone teaching magic theme.
135 - The Statue of the Gods' have no name attach to them.

Final thoughts, I'm surprise that the water esper is not a seahorse pony. Regardless, I definitely recommend this hack to anyone, so good luck with your hack DrakeyC. I will definitely replay this at a later time.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 03:15 PM)Fenrir Wrote: 134 - Holy Ring to Garnet/Diamond/Peridot/Opal/Topaz Ring -> to continue the gemstone teaching magic theme.

Ya know, I actually had the exact same thought when doing some item and spell renaming earlier - the Life Ring is the Opal Ring, and the Holy Ring is the Diamond Ring.  Laugh

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 06-15-2017

I forgot to test this during my playthrough, I went back and tested it. The Refresher is unclickable outside of battle and its highlighted. You would need to enable it to work on the field.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-15-2017

It's not supposed to be usable in the field.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 09:55 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: It's not supposed to be usable in the field.

Is there a way to gray the item out on the item menu? I also came across a battle with L.10 Magic and L.20 Magic pincer attack, they were all on the same side.

Add: Oh, I see what's going on. It used to be the Sleeping Bag. Only occurs on the world map.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-16-2017

Aaah, okay. I'd presumed not making it usable in the field would do the highlight stuff or not too. I'll look into it, thanks.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 06-17-2017

This should be the last things I have for you. There should be some consistency when a character(s) has been defeated. In battle, it is called "Knock Out" and called "Wounded" on main menu. The Life 3 spell's description is "Protects from wound". The Coffee item's description is "Recovers from KO". Life and Life 2 refers to it as "life". Sunshimr's description refers to it as KO.

Speaking of Sunshimr, is she Sunshimmer from Generation 3? If she is, calling her ability "Wake Up" instead of "Rebirth" would be more fitting for her summon ability.

Glacier Ring/Magma Ring/Storm Ring to Garnet/Diamond/Peridot/Opal/Topaz Ring -> to continue the gemstone teaching magic theme. Though I'll mention it since I only acquired them recently. I know you mention that you change some of them, not sure if you did these ones too.

I had this in my notepad that I forgot to post. Just like Gravty and Gravga. The spells in the world setting should follow and be consistent with one another. Reflectga to Reflect 2, Dispelga to Dispel 2, and Drainga to Drain 2 even if they are enemy abilities.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-25-2017

I'm rather fuzzy on battle animations still, so gonna ask though I'm not sure if this is something anyone has tried.

Simply put, the yellow-glow effect that appears with Blitz, if possible, I want to replace it with the moon that appears when casting Sleep, but still with the flash in-and-out effect. Would that be possible?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Everything - 06-26-2017

That's definitely possible. I just made it with FF6Tools. Check it out: https://youtu.be/H1fwLSfV-v4

If you don't have access to a mac, I can walk you through how to do this with a hex editor. You only have to change a few things.