FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 10-19-2016

There are two things to check:

Code:
C2686C     C28A6F     Title, Intro, Floating Island, & World Cinematic Program (compressed)
D94E96     D9568E     Floating Island Cinematic Graphics (compressed)

I would do a binary comparison of both block with vanilla data. Since the code is compressed, it is decompressed in bank $7E. There is a disassembly for this made by Novalia Spirit.

If everything is normal, check the event command code that call "the end of the world" in bank $C0.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 10-19-2016

If it also includes the title and intro, that's definitely changed - I applied Yazoo's Japanese intro patch, the modified it into the title of the hack.

EDIT: Do you happen to know where in that compressed data the Floating Continent stuff starts?

EDIT2: Looks like that section is identical to Vanilla + Yazoo's patch.
I haven't done event editing; what's the easiest way to trigger that event? The closest save I can find is before the burning house in Thamasa.

(10-19-2016, 08:34 PM)Rydel Wrote: EDIT: Do you happen to know where in that compressed data the Floating Continent stuff starts?

The $C2 compressed block is actually compressed code. The graphics are actually the $D9 bank block. I'm not sure where exactly in the $C2 block the floating continent code start but once disassembled the jump entry is here:

Code:
7E/5006:    4CC469      JMP $69C4      (Rise of the Floating Continent)

Some code at 7E/69C4 can directly be found doing a search in the $C2 block since the compression is very rudimentary.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 10-19-2016

Made another edit before I saw your response:
Looks like that section is identical to Vanilla + Yazoo's patch.
I haven't done event editing; what's the easiest way to trigger that event? The closest save I can find is before the burning house in Thamasa.

You need to set an event with command A8. A NPC event with A8 FE would trigger the scene.

Command A8 code is at C0/BA51. It call various routine maybe there is something wrong in one of those...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 10-21-2016

It looks like the graphics themselves got overwritten as some point. I'm not sure how. I've replaced them with graphics from a fresh rom, and it's working again.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 10-21-2016

Tired of this crap. Boss battles not working again.

Code:
CC/FED0: 4D    Invoke battle, enemy set $9B, background $23 (underwater)
CC/FED4: B2    Call subroutine $CA5EA9
CC/FED8: 96    Restore screen from fade.
CC/FED9: FE    Return.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 10-21-2016

We don't know what is not working, we don't see your complete hex, we don't know if your B2 call leading here is good.

I can say it looks good with the info I have but the reality is the opposite since something doesn't work. From your manual offsets entered it seems your command 4D is 4 bytes while it should be 3. Command 96 could also be unnecessary because it is used in not all contexts.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 10-21-2016

When the battle ends it hangs on a black screen as the area music starts up again.

As for my full hex, whoops. Yeah that would help. Reading your post though I think the 26 is the problem though.

[Image: 2zIi2ejNmZTt.png]

EDIT - Yup... *sigh* I'm sorry for being dumb. I'm to the point where if it's a problem I've already "fixed" at least three times previously, my brain just immediately shortcircuits.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 10-22-2016

(10-21-2016, 10:38 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Reading your post though I think the 26 is the problem though.

Yes, 4D is a 3 bytes command. The 26 has nothing to do there. First parameter is pack ID minus 256, second byte is background. The background byte can also have the mosaic intro if you add 0x80 and the swoosh sound if you add 0x40.

So in this case 4D 9B 23 or 4D 9B E3 for mosaic and sound.