FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - B-Run - 08-29-2016

That info comes from the OAM data. FF3usME doesn't handle that data properly beyond the main characters, so that might have something to do with it.

Code:
Bannon
D8/EB73 - Standing
02 80 01 0C 3B 80 11 0E 3B

This is from vanilla. What you want for Bannon's save screen, using palette 5 is
Code:
D8/EB77: 3F (Palette 5 for top half of OAM sprite)
D8/EB7B: 3F (Palette 5 for bottom half of OAM sprite)

This might need to be changed regularly if you use FF3usME. It is likely to reset itself. but maybe not. see how it goes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-29-2016

Nope, usME didn't reset it, and now Banon looks fine. Thank you. Smile

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Kugawattan - 08-30-2016

That's palette 5 though. What would be palette 3, which is MY new banon sprite? He's using palette 2 for some reason. Tongue

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-30-2016

Well, Banon is on palette 3 in vanilla, so I guess don't change anything?

Also unfortunately, B-Run tells me his patch won't let folks learn magic from equipment, which is a big part of this hack so crap. Anyone else then want to take a swing at the Gogo Magic code to get his magic working like in vanilla while Umaro learns spells normally?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-01-2016

Attempted to use command 37 to swap sprites, and voila!

The command relies on the NPC's slot and the Hex for the new sprite they get. The NPC in question is in slot 9, Sprite 52, Hex 33. So a new event put at that tile set to "37 19 34" changes them like so. And of course an accompanying command 43 allows assigning a specific palette, and command 43 can be used on its own to keep the sprite and put it on a new palette.

EDIT - And one quick event jump to fit in the sprite changing code, and my modified Strago recruitment is working perfectly. Laugh

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Kugawattan - 09-01-2016

Strangely, he appears with palette 2 in my save screen. I don't know.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-02-2016

Thanks to Rydel and Madsiur, sprite woes are over. Provided Umaro's magic can be fixed, the hack just needs the balance tweaks I've been putting off and another beta test is go! Laugh

One snag, more an inconvenience than anything - several events I'm storing at CC/FE20 through FFFF seem to wipe when I open and save the Rom in usME. Not a big concern, I binary dump my events anyway to keep a separate record of them, but it does make me wonder if storing events there is safe, that this happens?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - B-Run - 09-02-2016

Gogo and Umaros magic will be fixed today. Gogo back to normal cumulative magic, Umaro using the bonus list from $1CF6-$1D2B.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 09-02-2016

(09-02-2016, 11:13 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: Not a big concern, I binary dump my events anyway to keep a separate record of them, but it does make me wonder if storing events there is safe, that this happens?

I think I answered this in your previous life (Pony Fantasy first iteration). FF3usME store editor settings there, it's not data that is for the game. The worst that will happen is someone wanting to cheat on your hack, use FF3usME and destroy / bug some events thus making ironically his game unbeatable.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-02-2016

Okey dokey, thanks.