FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Mac68 3000 - 08-22-2016

hey DrakeyC

who put the hairdryer has a boss on this hack

because it was really funny boss

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-24-2016

So, anyone? Umaro magic or extra sprites?

Also, was looking to set a bonus boss to be fought in Figaro Castle basement, the treasure room, but only after retrieving the Falcon. I see numerous bits being Set or Cleared at that time, and one in particular stands out.

Code:
CA/484F: D0    Set event bit $1E80($0CD) [$1E99, bit 5]

This seems to be the event bit that determines the Ancient Castle events triggering, which seems to be a good bit to look at for if the battle is enabled or not. However, later in the event dump I find this.

Code:
CC/4AF0: C1    If ($1E80($0CD) [$1E99, bit 5] is clear) or ($1E80($291) [$1ED2, bit 1] is clear), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CC/4AF8: C0    If ($1E80($0BE) [$1E97, bit 6] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CC/4AFE: DD    Clear event bit $1E80($670) [$1F4E, bit 0]
CC/4B00: DC    Set event bit $1E80($671) [$1F4E, bit 1]
CC/4B02: DD    Clear event bit $1E80($672) [$1F4E, bit 2]
CC/4B04: DD    Clear event bit $1E80($673) [$1F4E, bit 3]
CC/4B06: DC    Set event bit $1E80($674) [$1F4E, bit 4]
CC/4B08: D0    Set event bit $1E80($0BE) [$1E97, bit 6]
CC/4B0A: 3A    Enable player to move while event commands execute
CC/4B0B: FE    Return

This comes in the middle of the Terra events at Mobliz, and I'm not sure what it is.

So the TL;DR is - is the above event bit $1E80($0CD) safe to use for my bonus boss "check if this bit is set to trigger the battle or not" ? I just want to be sure there's no interference with other events doing this.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-24-2016

You can check the event bits document available on the wiki to see which bit is used for what and which are available.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - B-Run - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 07:55 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: So, anyone? Umaro magic or extra sprites?

It's been in development for a while, but my magic update is coming along very nicely and will allow Umaro to get his own magic list (and also magic lists for additional characters if you want too)... I don't know how much you've touched around Magic, so it might need some customization to work in your hack, but it will be fully documented.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-24-2016

My current fix uses the Gogo Magic patch, changed to work for Umaro. But it has the problem now that the two share magic lists and anything one learns the other learns. Good to hear on your patch then. Smile

EDIT - Boss battle works perfect, thanks Madsiur. Smile

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-27-2016

So with B-Run working on Umaro magic on his own and Rydel looking at adding the additional sprites, I'm just onto balance tweaking now. Smile

One thing with event editing. Rydel gave my Strago replacement her own unique Cultist sprite to use for the Cultist Tower. Is there any event coding to have an NPC change their sprite? I'm thinking in the event where Strago is recruited, he jumps off-screen as the cultist and comes back down as himself.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 08-27-2016

If you can't, it should be possible to have an NPC with the non-Cultist sprite invisible, and at the right time, turn the cultist version invisible and make the non-cultist version visible instead.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 07:41 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Is there any event coding to have an NPC change their sprite? I'm thinking in the event where Strago is recruited, he jumps off-screen as the cultist and comes back down as himself.

I think command 37 is used exclusively for characters in vanilla game (objects $00 to $0F) but nothing indicate it wouldn't work on an NPC (object $10 to $2D). It worth a try. Someone with more event experience than me could answer this with certainty.

Edit: Rydel's proposal is good also.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-28-2016

Sounds good either way.

Strictly speaking the one change left unaccounted for is the Atlas Armlet. But on further thought, given the difficulty in changing it folks have had, I really don't care that much. It's a minor change that won't significantly impact gameplay at all so meh.

EDIT - Oh, one oddity I forgot. I moved my Banon from palette 6 to palette 5, and while he shows up fine in battle and in the field, in the save menu suddenly he's palette 2. Really no clue there.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 08-29-2016

Didn't Banon show up in the wrong palette in saves in the original? I think that's a glitch in the original programming.
I think Banon uses the same slot as General Leo. Does he happen to use palette 2?